Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

What do I need to do to display these colors into MA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do I need to do to display these colors into MA?

Hello.

I have created an indicator that spits out a colored plot in an oscilator pane. The indicator is shown in the picture. It can be in 3 positions. As you can see in the picture, I have added that same indicator 3 times.

In the second picture, you can see the options made available to me by my indicator. I essentially just want to know when it's up or down. So I'm not sure if there is anything I need to make 'available' within my study so that Market Analyzer knows where to grab it from?

Basically what I would like to do is have MA display the colors, or any representation of these colors.

What do I need to do to make this happen?

Is there a detailed write-up somewhere other than these?

Attached Files

I see what my initial problems where, but I still can't get MA to report the correct values. I had some errors that were being tracked in the log. This was a plot issue I corrected.

What I did was create a new exposed data series called "trendState" that collects either -1, 0 or +1. These are the 3 states my indicator can be in.

I then added my indicator to a column. In the 'plot' field, I told it to read this data series.

But...... the value it outputs is just the closing price of the last price bar on the chart, INSTEAD of the data series.

Why is it doing this?

Comment

Hello forrestang,

You can setup color conditions in the Market Analyzer, based on indicator plot values only. From here it looks like you have all concepts down but somewhere along the line you may be setting your plot as Close[0].

A simple working example of this is:
      if (Close[0] > Open[0])
      Value.Set(1);

else
      Value.Set(0);
      Last edited by NinjaTrader_RyanM1; 07-17-2011, 04:08 PM.
      Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the reply Ryan. I thought I posted back here, but I got it working and found my problem.

I'm not sure why what I was trying to do didn't work, I couldn't seem to find out what was plotting the close of a bar?

But what I wound up doing was creating a new exposed dataSeries that I populated when I evaluated the logic for the conditions of my indicator.

Once I had this dataSeries, since it was exposed, it was an option in MA. Put the cell conditions in for it and it now works fine and does what I want it to.
        Attached Files

Comment

Great it's working as you expect now. Thanks for following up here.

Comment

Quick question?

Is it possible to mix Chart resolutions in MA? Say I wanted to track a 1508 tic and a 2401 CVB chart resolution in MA.

It seems like I can't? And the only option is to have more than 1 MA open?

Comment

You can set the interval for each indicator column. When you apply an indicator you can specify this in the Data series category.

Combining intervals in the same column is possible only with custom programming in our multiseries framework.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
              0 responses
              1 view
              0 likes
              Last Post CortexZenUSA  
              Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM
              0 responses