Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

strategy - control

Hello,

what are the reasons for starting a strategy from the strat tab? One reason seems to be that then the Chart-Trader can be used in the referring Chart. And the conditions I have made visible with drawing objects in the strategy I can do also as indicators and apply to the chart. I don´t need the strategy for this reason maybe. From my humble point of view the only difference is then how to bring up the "NinjaScript strategy lines" in the chart? How could this be done? Or is there any certain reason or advantage why starting from Chart or from tab?

Thanks
    Tony

Tony, once your strategy is 100% automated, there is no reason for running the strategy on the chart. If you're trying to run your strategy on many instruments at once, you don't need to have open 20+ charts, you can just run them all from the tab. It is really a matter of preference. When you open a strategy on a chart, it shows up in the tab anyways. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
    AustinNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,
      there are several reasons (control stops in chart trader, close positions fast if necessary, move stops - if script calls an ATM...)

So, lets do the question different: is there a possibilty to have a chart with chart-trader enabled to show the trade, stops, targets of a strategy A only and to have another chart with chart-trader enabled to show the trade, stops, targets of a strategy B only other way than with different accounts? (with different account it works but then the trades can not be sent from strategy A and B to the broker, but only one of both)

Best
      Tony

Comment

Hello,

Unfortunately not without different accounts.

However if I was in this case what I would do is code the execution markers into my strategy. Using DrawTriangleUp() and DrawTriangleDown() to signal my entries and even DrawText() to add any information I needed such as entry name and time and date.

DrawTriangleDown()
        DrawTriangleUp()

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Hello,

thanks for your reply. I do with Squares, and dots, and Triangles...
          but when its not possible to use the Chart-Trader can you please tell me if its possible to draw a horizontal line in the strategy that moves in the strategy chart same as the stoploss in the chart trader (with my setstoploss changing with a variable) would do?
          Thanks
          Tony

Comment

tonynt, this is definitely possible. You can just call DrawHorizontalLine() with the same price as your stop loss.
            AustinNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by martin70, 03-24-2023, 04:58 AM
            14 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post martin70  
            Started by TraderBCL, Today, 04:38 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes