Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to start work with NT API?

Hi all!, I am new in Ninja [:.
    My question how do I start to work with NT API? I am a c# developer, and I am searching for a document that will tell me how to start work with the API, what are the DLL that I need to work with etc'.
    Thanks!

Hi RisingStar,

Thanks for the post and welcome to the NinjaTrader forums. This area of NT we do not provide support or documentation for, so unfortunately you'll be mostly on your own to create. You can see the dll functions available here:
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I just search for the basic information, what is the main DLL that I need to work with, and the documentation of the function, I can't guess that :\, I need some basic knowledge about ninjatrader api.

Comment

It's no longer documented or supported but I'll leave this thread for any community members, who may be able to share their experience with it here.

Comment

why its no longer documented or supported?
          for example: I want to know in which DLL file I can find the SMA function, that I can read about in the HELP file inside the ninja trader program

Comment

Custom applications are no longer supported as they are completely open ended and used by a small minority of our clients. We unfortunately cannot provide support for everything you can do in C# and .net. We provide support and documentation for items that are specific to our code development environment - NinjaScript.

Source code for NinjaScript SMA is available by clicking Tools > Edit NinjaScript > Indicator > Open SMA.

To get started with custom indicator development in NinjaTrader, please see the following link:
            Last edited by NinjaTrader_RyanM1; 07-17-2011, 05:37 PM.

Comment

Just for understanding if I want to build strategy out side the ninja script, I mean in C# using the ninja trader dlls(functions), and then to load it to Ninja Trader for back test, it is not possible?

Comment

You may be able to do this but is not supported or documented. We do not have additional guidance on it, sorry. We avoid saying things are possible or not because of the flexibility allowed with C# and .net. Good luck with any custom C# projects you decide to create.

Comment

I think that you didn't understand what I want to do; I want to work with ninjatrader API, and because ninja trader generate a code that is writing in C# I want to build strategy using ninjatrader API, like I say before if for example I want to know the SMA and according to the return value do something, I need to build it outside the ninja editor.
                  and after I complete to build it, I want to import it to ninja and to work with this.
                  this is want I want to do, it is possible?

Comment

We are an autotrading platform and yes it's possible to create automated strategies that place orders conditionally from SMA values. This is all done with NinjaScript strategies, not through access to the NinjaTrader API.

You can create strategies using a point and click interface (strategy wizard) or by working with our built in C# compiler. If you need to create your strategy outside our environment we are not able to offer support, feasibility assessments or documentation for this.

Please see here to get started with custom strategy development in NinjaTrader:

Consider also attending our next webinar on strategy development, this Tuesday at 5:30 PM eastern.
                    Last edited by NinjaTrader_RyanM1; 07-17-2011, 06:11 PM.

Comment

API for ninja trader

Bonjour je voudrais mettre mon alghorithme sur votre api comment faire ? Ces tres urgent je change plateforme.Je ne veux pas creer de stratégie , je les deja sur un fichier

Hello I would put my alghorithm on your api how to do? These very urgent I change platform.I do not want to create strategy, I already on a file
                      Last edited by Tradingsoft; 02-16-2017, 04:38 AM.

Comment

Hello Tradingsoft,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader Support Forum!

There is no means to simply place code that is not NinjaScript into NinjaTrader. You would need to convert that code to a strategy in order to use it in NinjaTrader.

If you would like to take on learning NinjaScript, we have a fully documented help guide which will help you get started with Ninja Script. You will find language references to all of the methods and functions you will be using. You will also see a tutorial section which will help you create your first indicator and get you started with some of these concepts.
                        A link to our Help Guide can be found below: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...stribution.htm

I am also linking you to the Educational Resources section of the Help Guide to help you get started with NinjaScript: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h..._resources.htm

You will find Reference Samples online as well as some Tips and Tricks for both indicators and strategies:
                        Click here to see our NinjaScript Reference Samples: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...splay.php?f=30
                        Click here to see our NinjaScript Tips: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=3229

These samples can be downloaded, installed and modified from NinjaTrader and hopefully serve as a good base for your custom works.

There is a also a growing library of user submitted custom indicators (100+) that can be downloaded from our support form. Please look in the NinjaScript File Sharing section of our support forum as you may find what you are looking for there: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...splay.php?f=37

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by jeronymite, 04-12-2024, 04:26 PM
                        3 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post jeronymite  
                        Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
                        4 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post frankthearm