Laging data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Laging data

I have 2 machines running with NT7 on one and Quotetracker on another the NT7's data is lagging by several points QT on the other is right on the mark, even a couple of ticks will be disastrous if scalping.
    So what is going on here?
    Broker MBT

Hello inventor1949,

We are the trading platform only and supply the data to you as soon as its received from the adapter. Any data issues should be reported to the data provider.

To confirm lagging data in NT:

1) Verify your computer clock is set accurately using a sync tool.
    2) Open a Time and Sales Window

The time stamps listed in time and sales are sent from the data provider. Bring up your computer clock and time and sales window at same time. If the data is lagging, you will notice a discrepancy between the actual time and the time listed for transactions in the T&S window.
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanM View Post
      Hello inventor1949,

We are the trading platform only and supply the data to you as soon as its received from the adapter. Any data issues should be reported to the data provider.

To confirm lagging data in NT:

1) Verify your computer clock is set accurately using a sync tool.
      2) Open a Time and Sales Window

The time stamps listed in time and sales are sent from the data provider. Bring up your computer clock and time and sales window at same time. If the data is lagging, you will notice a discrepancy between the actual time and the time listed for transactions in the T&S window.
      I did say both platforms are running data from same broker?

I guess I have to video tape it to prove it, because my clock is in sync with T&S

Comment

Yes, please send a video if it works better to show us the particular issue you're having. This program has a free version and is fairly easy to setup and use.

Comment

ATTN: Brett

I dint retyped I just copy it here from post # 264797

Hi Brett I try that before and it cost me a ton of money for data feed that I dint use nor needed, now the reason I use QT in conjunction is because if I rely on NT7 I will loose my a*s. So for me to rely on NT exclusively for trading I need real help with the "lagging data" problem we discuss in the past which is still present. Look at the image and tell me if you trade this with real money. I have tested all the suggestions provided here but the problem is still here if QT and ThingOrSwim platforms can handle the volume on the same machine then I expect NT to do the same.

I have a video if you need it and please don’t jump on giving me suggestions thin about it...

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by inventor1949 View Post
            I dint retyped I just copy it here from post # 264797

Hi Brett I try that before and it cost me a ton of money for data feed that I dint use nor needed, now the reason I use QT in conjunction is because if I rely on NT7 I will loose my a*s. So for me to rely on NT exclusively for trading I need real help with the "lagging data" problem we discuss in the past which is still present. Look at the image and tell me if you trade this with real money. I have tested all the suggestions provided here but the problem is still here if QT and ThingOrSwim platforms can handle the volume on the same machine then I expect NT to do the same.

I have a video if you need it and please don’t jump on giving me suggestions thin about it...

In my experience it is TOS data that lags the market. In fact, that is the main reason that I no longer trade futures on TOS.

The evidence of this is in your second picture. See that at the most current time for that picture, NT shows 8 prints for 6:56:17AM, while TOS shows a single print? (Looking at the respective T&S windows).

Comment

inventor1949, please follow up with Brett in an email to support 'at' ninjatrader 'dot' com.
              Last edited by NinjaTrader_RyanM1; 11-29-2011, 02:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by koganam View Post
                In my experience it is TOS data that lags the market. In fact, that is the main reason that I no longer trade futures on TOS.

The evidence of this is in your second picture. See that at the most current time for that picture, NT shows 8 prints for 6:56:17AM, while TOS shows a single print? (Looking at the respective T&S windows).

Thanks but QT and TOS are in sync and not NT

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanM View Post
                  inventor1949, please follow up with Brett in an email to support 'at' ninjatrader 'dot' com.

I dit thanks..................

Comment

Thanks but QT and TOS are in sync and not NT
                    IMHO, I do not see how that has any relevance. It is not a democracy.

If one data stream generates one data point while another data stream generates 8 data points, the single point data stream cannot be the more accurate one. It does not matter how many of the inaccurate streams are in concert.

However, to each his own. I would much rather see 8 data points confirming than 1.

Comment

OK now you got me confused, no pun intended!
                      So here is what I have and what I get and from whom.
                      QT data accurate and normal MBT data feed
                      TOS data accurate and normal TDA web base data feed
                      MB Navigator accurate and normal MBT data feed
                      NT7 data lagging during up volume and only during serge of activity
                      All this platforms on one machine
                      One note I have to make and I don’t know if that is relevant or the same to all traders is that when there is massive market moves everything freezes maybe for 5 or 6 sec I usually call that silence before the storm like right after some major economic enouncements’.

Comment

OK now you got me confused, no pun intended!
                        So here is what I have and what I get and from whom.
                        QT data accurate and normal MBT data feed
                        TOS data accurate and normal TDA web base data feed
                        MB Navigator accurate and normal MBT data feed
                        NT7 data lagging during up volume and only during serge of activity
                        All this platforms on one machine
                        One note I have to make and I don’t know if that is relevant or the same to all traders is that when there is massive market moves everything freezes maybe for 5 or 6 sec I usually call that silence before the storm like right after some major economic enouncements’.

This exact description is a performance issue. You have an indicator most likely that is CPU intensive and causing issue. We need to start removing indicators and retesting until we find were the bottleneck is. NinjaTrader by itself on our minimum PC requirements I have never seen cause performance issue.

-Brett

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by f.saeidi, Today, 05:56 AM
                        1 response
                        0 likes
                        Last Post Jltarrau  
                        Started by Jltarrau, Today, 05:57 AM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes