Gain Capital Forex Chart Data not coming printing enough market data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gain Capital Forex Chart Data not coming printing enough market data

i am having a similar problem using td ameritrade and forex.com/gain historical data. i really am only trying to keep it simple; all i want to be able to do is look at any 1 hour 2 hour, or 4 hour chart over a period of at least 180 days. when looking at the eur/usd, on a monthly chart with the forex.com data, for example, even when i go into the data series to input the amount of time to load depending on the value of the period type, i get a very limited amount of data that can be seen (on a 60 minute chart I am only able to historically load 30 bars of price data), which like someone mentioned earlier, is ridiculous if you need to identify major zones of support and resistance. the td ameritrade data seems to come through fine, however, i am getting an error message this morning that says: "Error on reloading data: Error - response too short {2D}{20}{2D}{20}{2D} (Panic).... aside from that and the forex.com data coming through for a period of no more than one minute at a time...you guessed it, im not taking trades on my $1500 multi broker forex platform just yet... can you please help me out getting the kinks in this data worked out so i can start trading again. thanks for your quick response

TakeYourProfits,

Thank you for your post.

Are you using the NinjaTrader historical data servers or the GAIN servers? GAIN is only going to offer a limited amount of data, however you should get much more using the NT servers.

To check this, please go to Tools--> Account Connections--> Highlight your GAIN connection and select "Change". From the connection wizard, please make sure you have "Historical Data" set to "Use NinjaTrader Servers". Then finish the Wizard.

As far as the errors you receive using TDA, is this on Forex products you are loading? TDA is only going to provide Equity and Index data to NinjaTrader.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

thanks for the quick reply matt!!! yes, the historical data is set to use the ninja servers and on a eur/usd chart, even though i have increased the days to load to 20 inside the data series settings, i only get like 30 bars worth of 60 minute forex price data...using the ninja trader servers on my forex.com connection....

on my td ameritrade connection, which i only use to trade equities, i get the error message as follows everytime i reload the historical data:"Error on reloading data: Error - response too short {2D}{20}{2D}{20}{2D} (Panic)"

please help. i dont want to take a trade unless i know this thing is giving me good info

Comment

TakeYourProfits,

I'm able to pull over a year of 60 minute EUR/USD data using the NT servers. What happens when you right click on the chart and select "Reload all historical data" on this pair? Do you get any errors on screen or from the Log tab of the Control Center?

If you needed to change from GAIN to NT, please make sure you have disconnected and reconnected to GAIN to reconnect to this server.

For the TDA errors, we have seem numerous reports of this for a number of equities. Can you please clarify the equities you are receiving this error? What is the chart interval and days to load set to?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Matthew View Post
          TakeYourProfits,

I'm able to pull over a year of 60 minute EUR/USD data using the NT servers. What happens when you right click on the chart and select "Reload all historical data" on this pair? Do you get any errors on screen or from the Log tab of the Control Center?

If you needed to change from GAIN to NT, please make sure you have disconnected and reconnected to GAIN to reconnect to this server.

For the TDA errors, we have seem numerous reports of this for a number of equities. Can you please clarify the equities you are receiving this error? What is the chart interval and days to load set to?

I apologize for not getting back to you quicker as I had to step away from my desk for a moment. however, your suggestion to disconnect and reconnect in combination with whatever you guys were working on to correct the issues with the previous requests before i submitted my request, seemed to have worked. I really appreciate your help in this matter and I look forward to working more with the ninja platform and its team. thank you for your attentive service, it really is a pleasure to work with a company whose staff is properly trained in the service of its product and whose lines of communication are open to receive successful support requests from its clients. it really has been a good experience working with you thus far and i will continue recommending this product to those whom i run across that work within this industry.

peace out

Comment

TakeYourProfits,

Thank you for the kind words and I'm glad to hear we were able to work through this issue quickly.

Please do not hesitate to contact us should you need anything else.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
            6 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post DJ888
            by DJ888

Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
            0 responses