Free version asking for licensing key

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free version asking for licensing key

I have been using a free version in the last few months. The free version does not have expiration date. Never have the problem to launch the chart.

Today when I try to open Ninjatrader, it asks me to key in a valid licensing key. I do not have that key. Could you help?

Hello Benluk,

Thank you for your post.

If you are using the Free Edition License key that starts with @SIM

This error happens when your computer cannot connect to our licensing servers.

Our servers are in fact up and running, could you temporarily disable any firewall or antivirus programs you may be running to see if that solves this issue.

If you are behind a corporate firewall you need to contact your network administrator and ask if he can create permission to bypass the firewall.
    CameronNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I keyed in the license key that I got late last year when I first insalled the software. It is working. But I find out my latest work in the month is not there. It includes workspace and templates I created. Some work dated back more than months ago are still there. Do you have any idea what went wrong? Is there anywhere I can find my work?

Comment

Benluk,

It could be that certain files have been set to Read Only or Hidden.
        1. Close NinjaTrader -> Open Folder Options by clicking the Start button--> Control Panel--> Appearance and Personalization--> and then clicking Folder Options.
        2. Click the View tab.
        3. Under Advanced settings, click Show hidden files, folders, and drives, and then click OK.
        4. Next, locate the NinjaTrader 7 folder in the (My) Documents directory--> right click on this folder and select "Properties".
        5. From the Folder properties, ensure that the Attributes have both "Read-only" and "Hidden" unchecked.
        6. When prompted to Confirm Attribute Changes, please make sure to select "apply changes to this folder, subfolders and files" and press OK.

After these options have been changed, NinjaTrader should resume working as expected.
        It is not clear why these file attributes are being changed, but I have heard reports from users that they recently had issues with viruses when this had occurred.

Comment

It does not work. Seems the work during the last month or two were gone. Befofe I updated NT to the current version on 6/3/2011 per CME changes, I exported some of the indicators to export folder as backup. Now the folder is empty.

I looked at the template folder, recent work is not there, including indicator and template. These are the two folders I use.

Your last step - on property of the NT 7 folder, uncheck READ ONLY and HIDDEN. Right after I applied the changes and come back to property again, there is always a soft check on READ ONLY. Don't know how to get rid of the soft check or does it matter?

I am thinking to back up my work in case if the same thing happen. If I have another folder and copy my indicators and template to other folders, when same thing happen, can I just copy them back to NT folders as recovery?

I am not aware of virus attack on my computer.

Comment

Benluk,

To investigate this further, please send a note to Support[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com.

In the Subject put ATTN:Cameron and the body a link to this forum post.

Once received I will send further instructions.

Comment

Cameron,
              Thank you very much for your excellent support, going beyond and above, remote problem-shooting my NT setup. I can easily re-create what I lost. And also learn how to backup and restore when necessary.

Thank you.

Comment

give me valid licence key

Today when I try to open Ninjatrader, it asks me to key in a valid licensing key. I do not have that key. Could you help?

Comment

Hello arunkumar,

Thanks for your post.

Please email support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com to receive your license key.
                  BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

version 18 ,OCO orders

I got a pop up on version 18 ,free version ,discussing OCO orders.DO i have OCO order ability on the free version plez?

Comment

Hello laredo,

Thanks for your post.

The direct edition license does not have OCO capability. For more information on features please write into sales[at]ninjatrader[dot]com
                      BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by geotrades1, Today, 10:02 AM
                      2 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post geotrades1  
                      Started by ender_wiggum, Today, 09:50 AM
                      1 response
                      0 likes