Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taking 2 minutes to get connected with Esignal

Hello,

When I connect my NT7 to Esignal, it takes about 2 minutes "connecting" before getting "connected" and turns green, no matter with workspace or without workspace. Any possible causes for taking that long? It takes just a couple of seconds to get connected with IB.

I use Esignal Data Access Plan and my NT7 version is 7.0.1000.6.

I recalled that a few months before it took a few seconds to get NT7 connected with Esignal, no ideas why it takes 2 mintues now.

Many thanks.

Hi pipal, any error messages you would see in your log tab in the Control Center as this occurs?

If you setup a fresh eSignal account connection in NT and delete the old one, would the behavior persist for you?

Thanks,
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
      Hi pipal, any error messages you would see in your log tab in the Control Center as this occurs?

If you setup a fresh eSignal account connection in NT and delete the old one, would the behavior persist for you?

Thanks,
      Thanks for your advice.

There is no error message from the log, but it just keep connecting to the ESignal.

From the eSignal Data Manager, I can see it is connected within a few seconds. But NT takes more than 2 min 30 seconds to get thru. See attached.

In rare ocassions, maybe 1 out of 10, NT takes 8-9 seconds to get connected with eSignal.

I've set up new eSignal account connection as you suggested. The problem persists. I 've also uninstalled esignal_10.6.2124 and reinstalled, but it still can't help.
      Last edited by pipal; 07-25-2011, 06:45 AM.

Comment

What kind of security software are you running on this PC? Do you remember any updates of it or other software on your PC taking place after which the connection might have lengthened then up to what you see now?

I would still like to review your log and trace file for any insight, so it would be great if you could forward them to me via the Help > Mail to Support feature in NT.

Thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
          What kind of security software are you running on this PC? Do you remember any updates of it or other software on your PC taking place after which the connection might have lengthened then up to what you see now?

I would still like to review your log and trace file for any insight, so it would be great if you could forward them to me via the Help > Mail to Support feature in NT.

Thanks,
          Thanks Bertrand. I use Avast 5. But I am not aware any updating while connecting... and I've tried so many times connecting to ESignal in various times.

And I don't know why I can't send to support, pls see attached.

Many thanks
          Attached Files

Comment

Can you try both sending us the logs and connecting to eSignal with Avast set to very low filter rules or even off for a quick test? If you contact me directly at support at ninjatrader dot com I can also take look at the issue remotely if you like.

Thanks,

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Rapine Heihei, Today, 08:19 PM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
            Started by Rapine Heihei, Today, 08:25 PM
            0 responses