Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Incorrect Daily Dates For Stocks

Hi,
    Over the weekend someone asked my opinion about a couple of stocks (WMS, OCLR). I usually just deal with futures, so I connected to the free Kinetick data feed.

I proceeded with my analysis, and he stopped me because the dates I mentioned didn't seem right to him. I was using the mini-databox to get the dates, but the main databox was the same. We checked a few other sources and sure enough the dates were off by a day. Digging a bit deeper showed that it wasn't the data. By looking at the data in the Historical Data Manager it shows the proper day.

I initially was using the default settings for Session template ("use instrument settings", which was "Default 24/7").
    I have since tried changing the session template. If I change it after the chart is loaded I don't get any bars. If I change it in the Data Series dialog box when first creating the chart, it will load. However, when I check the Data Series dialog box again, the Session template setting has reverted back to "use instrument settings". When I try a different template, there aren't any bars again, but if I change to Default 24/7 template, the bars come back.

The attached pictures highlight the problem. With daily futures charts everything seems fine. Any Ideas?

Thanks,
    VT
    Attached Files

Hello VTtrader,

Thank you for your post.

Can you please clarify the time zone you live in? What time zone is your local PC clock set to?

As a test can you please load the US Equities ETH template and check the date stamps on these bars again.

I look forward to assisting you further.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Hi Matthew,

I'm in the Eastern time zone and the PC clock is set accordingly.

If I use the US Equities ETH template, I don't get any bars at all, only with the Default 24/7 template do I get bars, but the dates are off by 1 day.

If I select the template from the Data Series dialog box, when first creating the chart, it will load bars (with wrong dates), but when I access the Data Series dialog box again it doesn't reflect the template setting I made, it still says "use instrument settings". If I change it again to US Equities ETH, I lose the bars.

I have also tried changing the session template in Instrument Manager, and the bars won't load.
      As I showed in the pictures in my first post, the date is correct in my databox, but off in both the mini-databox and the main NT databox.

Hope this helps.
      VT

Comment

VTtrader,

Thanks for testing.

Please go to Tools--> Session Manager--> Locate the Default 24/7 session template and then change the time zone it is based on to Central Time.

When using the default 24/7 on EST and based on EST, 12:00AM is technically the next day. To avoid, this you should build to charts on the CST for Default 24/7 which should push the data value to the current date, rather than the data ahead

Comment

Hi Matthew,

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner.

I have tried changing the session template so it is based on Central time, with no change in effect.

It seems a little strange to me that the data itself has the correct date. And since it is daily data I'm using it has no time field in the data, just a date. So I'm not sure what difference the session template would have on it. I would think with daily data it would be unaware of a timestamp or session times, and use only the date.

Thanks for your help.
          VT

Comment

VTtrader,

Please send an email to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com and include Attn: Matthew in the Subject line and a refernece to this thread.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Hi Matthew,
              Just a quick update. I did try this on my laptop and see the same results.
              I'll send you an email when I get a chance

Thanks,
              VT

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by tsantospinto, 04-12-2024, 07:04 PM
              4 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post aligator  
              Started by michi08, 10-05-2018, 09:31 AM