Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Your Opinions on Amp (with CQC connection)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your Opinions on Amp (with CQC connection)

Hi all

I am considering going with AMP as my broker for my new NT setup.

What are you all's experience with them? Especially with the CQC connection?

is it reliable?

do your limit orders consistently fill?

any problems with hidden fees or anything? are their rates what they say?

Thanks in advance for any feedback

CQG is serious data provider, AMP gives either Zenfire or CQG. I am ok with it, however AMP don't provide forex data, which I desire to have. But if you want futures only you should be good. Support via skype proven to be helpful too.

P.S. Could somebody suggest futures+forex broker for NinjaTrader that has no requirement for 10k deposit into account? Or single Forex broker for NT using datafeed with 64bit adapter ?

Thanks.

Comment

thanks for the feedback.

can't help you with your forex broker question, but what you may want to do, which is what I did, is go through each broker of the NT affiliates list (or whatever its called) until you hopefully find a broker that meets all your requirments

Comment

Hi O-S-A

I use AMP since over a year for trading Futures, and can only recommend them.

Whether to use Zen-Fire or CQG needs to be reviewed by you and your location could be important.

CQG was heavily promoted due to their data hubs all over the world and fast connections etc. etc.

But I got very disillusioned when one day the data feed was irregular and I called CQG's hotline at 8am my time - I am in Europe. I ended up in the London office, told them 6E was not up to par. And the reply I got was, "What? What is "6E"? It took the lady 5 minutes to find out that Futures are being dealt with exclusively by their Chicago office and that they run on standard 8am-5pm office hours. So CQG may be good for Americans trading Futures but for Europeans there is no Support when it counts. ZenFire on the other hand has a 24 hours Support HotLine for Futures.

sandman

Comment

thanks for the feedback

Comment

Originally posted by outstretchedarm View Post
            Hi all

is it reliable?

You will have to make your own decision, as your milage may vary, but my experience with AMP/CQG has been less than stellar.

I had a problem with the CQG feed, and NO OTHER. 2 other feeds were working perfectly. My AMP broker condescendingly told me that my NinjaTrader installation was the problem. (Note that CQG was the ONLY connection that I was having a problem with). I pointed out that that was illogical, and moreover with many patents in IT, I am not a computer novice, so can determine that both technically and logically, his answer is likely not correct. I got a rude email telling me that, inter alia, "It is not about who has the bigger ego".

As far as the CQC connection itself, here are 2 recent threads that may be of interest.

As I said, YMMV.

Just my $0.02.

Comment

Originally posted by outstretchedarm View Post
              Hi all

is it reliable?

My experience with AMP using CQG has been poor this week. Seems CQG has been having serious problems this week with regular disconnects and then reporting incorrect position information back to Ninja.

This problem cost me a 10 POINT (that's 40 ticks) loss on NQ and of course AMP has told me any software glitch is my risk and my loss.

So at this point I certainly have to recommend against CQG; and AMP wasn't a useful advocate for me either. They put all the blame on Ninja until the guys here at Ninja exposed CQG as being the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by rsmtrade View Post
                ... and AMP wasn't a useful advocate for me either. They put all the blame on Ninja until the guys here at Ninja exposed CQG as being the problem.
                If you look at the comment just above this, you will see that I essentially told them that long before NinjaTrader support did. All I got for my trouble was an extremely rude treatment from the broker.

Are all brokers rude, or is the problem me? Maybe they are making so much money from the vig, and see so many traders blow out, that they just do not think that they need to be polite in order to retain customers, especially as the stats imply that fully close to 95% of their customers will quit anyway in frustration at the markets?
                Last edited by koganam; 07-31-2011, 10:13 PM.

Comment

yes and I just discovered a thread over on BMT discussing this very problem which they apparently had already identified before I called them, yet they acted ignorant of the problem and directed my attention away from them and CQG and toward Ninjatrader who then spent their time researching the problem and arriving at the same conclusion that AMP already knew about!!

Any software recommendations? unfortunately no, maybe google search would reveal some software packages for this. However you can run 3 windows of Start->Run-> cmd with ping -t in the background and see what they show during NT7 disconnect. As I told earlier, first run tracert 64.208.51.245 to see your path to NT/CQG servers. Nearest IP to check on first cmd window: just first or second IP OUTSIDE of your home router's external IP (usually appears in 3rd row of tracert if you are behind natted router/firewall, …

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
                  1 response
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH  
                  Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
                  5 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse