NT 7 stops working with Gmail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT 7 stops working with Gmail

I set up an indicator which alerted me by email after a condition was met. Unfortunately I set it to update with each tick. The result was a flood of emails. After the flood stopped my email alerts would not work again. The alerts will now work with Bellsouth but not gmail. I have opened a new gmail account but still no luck. Could the flood of emails have caused access to gmail to be cut off? What gives?

ninjablanks, yes the 'flooding' of Gmail from your PC with emails is likely the reason here for the disruption in service, if you're current IP / MAC address is on the black list it wouldn't matter from which gmail account you would work, so a new one would likely not help - I would suggest to get in contact with Gmail support to find out about your account status and how to correct it.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Wooh - I'm also having similar issue. 1300+ emails in 10m... Biggest confusion is that alerts from other indicator (using exactly same code for email) are working as usual but alerts form this new indicator are going to black-hole. So possibly it is not related to my IP.

Scratching my head

Comment

Originally posted by TraderSU View Post
        Wooh - I'm also having similar issue. 1300+ emails in 10m... Biggest confusion is that alerts from other indicator (using exactly same code for email) are working as usual but alerts form this new indicator are going to black-hole. So possibly it is not related to my IP.

Scratching my head
        So, were you working CalculateOnBarClose = false here as well which could have triggered the mass emailing? I'm not sure how long it would take to get off the 'blacklist' but best would be checking with your host.

Comment

My SMTP server setting was blank; so default SMTP host.ninjatrader-support2.com was used. Not sure where is this blocking... Ninja or gMail...

Another issue - no matter what SMTP I set, it always uses the default (host.ninjatrader-support2.com) when I test...

Comment

If you change any settings here, please enter them and then press 'ok' first, then go again under Tools > Options > Misc to 'test' them out - otherwise those new changes would not be applied.

Comment

Press [Ok] and then go retrying does the trick.

Ref: http://support.google.com/mail/bin/a...n&answer=13287

smtp.gmail.com (use authentication)
              Use Authentication: Yes
              Port for TLS/STARTTLS: 587 <- this works
              Port for SSL: 465 <- this doesn't work

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by r68cervera, Today, 05:29 AM
              1 response
              0 likes