Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Imported historical minute data not displaying in chart.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Imported historical minute data not displaying in chart.

I have an eSignal data subscription and am using it in conjunction with Ninja to populate historical minute charts in Ninja.

After connecting to eSignal, I am able to populate a historical chart with minute data--it displays properly with no problems. I have used the Ninja data export function to create a text file of the historical minute data, also with no problems. I have then taken this data to a second computer that also runs Ninja and have imported the data using Ninja's data import feature. This also appears to function without problems.

However, when I attempt to create a new chart using this IMPORTED historical data, the chart is always blank.

I have tried the following in an effort to solve the problem, I have:
    • Checked the chart properties and changed the Session Start and End times, but the chart remains blank.
    • Re-imported the historical data, but to no avail.
    • Ensured that the dates I have exported conincide with the dates I am trying to dislay on the chart.
    • Closed the chart window and started a new chart, but the chart is still blank
    The imported data is in the required minute bar format: yyyyMMdd HHmmss;open price;high price;low price;close price;volume

Still, I cannot get Ninja to populate the chart with IMPORTED historical data.

I am using NT7 on the machine that is connected to eSignal and NT6.5 on the machine I am having this problem with--the data export file created by NT7 is in the correct format for NT6.5 and NT6.5 does not show any error on importing the data.

Does anyone have an idea on how to fix this?

Hello h1000,

When you import the historical data in NinjaTrader 6.5, do you see a pop up message that states the import was successful? Or could it be you experience an error message? If you experience an error message, please tell me what the error message states.

Please note that when you export historical data in NinjaTrader 7, it will contain 'Last', 'Bid' or 'Ask' in the name of the text file such as ES 09-11.Last. Such a file cannot be imported in NinjaTrader 6.5. You will need to change the text file name to ES 09-11 before you import it in NinjaTrader 6.5.

If the issue remains, can you please send me the exported data so I can test in NinjaTrader 6.5 on my end. You can send it to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. Please put 'Attn Jason' in the subject header and reference this forum thread. If the file is larger than 3 MB, please zip the file first.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Problem solved!

Jason,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I noticed the "Last" added to the file name and deleted it. After importing the data into 6.5, the status message indicates that the data was imported successfully.

I have in the meantime stumbled upon a solution to the problem, as detailed below.

When I created the new chart to display the historical minute data, I used a chart template that contains five indicators. The result was a blank chart, with no price bars.

However, if I create a new chart and select <no template> the chart is drawn without any problems. The five indicators that were contained in the chart template can then be added individually and the chart is still ok. The price bars appear as they should and I can freely switch from a 1 min interval to a 5 min and back again.

I am not sure why using a chart template would cause a blank chart to be drawn, but at least the indicators can be added individually to solve the problem.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by pechtri, 06-22-2023, 02:31 AM
      9 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
      Started by frankthearm, 04-18-2024, 09:08 AM
      16 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton