NinjaTrader.Core.dll not found when moving from 32 to 64-bit Windows 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NinjaTrader.Core.dll not found when moving from 32 to 64-bit Windows 7

I moved my old NinjaTrader folders from a 32 bit to a 64 bit Windows 7 computer and then installed NinjaTrader on the 64 bit machine.

When I try to compile either indicators or strategies, I get each time the following messages "Metadata file 'C:\Program Files\NinjaTrader 7\bin\NinjaTrader.Core.dll' could not be found" and "Metadata file 'C:\Program Files\NinjaTrader 7\bin\NinjaTrader.WilsonORMapper.dll' could not be found".

These dll files are now located in "C:\Program Files (x86)\..." instead of in "C:\Program Files\...".

I have not been able to locate the reference to these files that is causing this problem.

Please let me know how to fix this.

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

After you have compiled please right mouse click within the window-->References-->Add-->navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 7\bin-->Select WilsonORMapper.dll. Repeat this procedure for the other missing reference NinjaTrader.Core.dll and let me know if you still receive errors after compiling.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ; 07-27-2011, 07:00 AM.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks. That essentially fixed my problem. I am a bit confused as C:\Program Files (x86)\Ninja Trader 7\ now contains subdirectories \bin and \bin64 which each contain those dll's. Does it matter which of these I set the reference to depending on whether I run the 32 or 64 bit version of NinjaTrader? Is there any downside to running the 64 bit version of NinjaTrader?

For completeness, in case someone else has the same problem, it was also necessary to remove the old references to the directories that no longer exist.

Thanks again for your help.

Comment

Glad to hear that did the trick!

Actually when running the 64 bit version of NinjaTrader this allow you to use more of your PC resources.

I have provided a link below goes over the comparisons between 32 and 64 bit.

As long as the references are added from the correct folder in this instance with 64 bit Program File (x86) you will be all set.

Comment

Thanks, but my question about 32 or 64 bit did not refer to the operating system. I will be running on 64 bit Windows 7 unless there is a very strong reason to change that.

My question was whether there were differences (other than the obvious memory addressing differences) between the 32 and 64 bit versions of NinjaTrader. I just got a message that connections to TD Ameritrade are not supported in the 64 bit version of NinjaTrader, so that means I will be running the 32 bit version for the time being.

Please put support for TD Ameritrade by the 64 bit version on the wish list.

Thanks

Comment

No there will not be a difference between the two versions of NinjaTrader and I will forward your request to development for TDA.

I have provided a link below to our Support Forum that goes over all 64 bit supported connections.

Contains critical information including but not limited to migration, installation, connections and changes.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ View Post
              No there will not be a difference between the two versions of NinjaTrader and I will forward your request to development for TDA.

I have provided a link below to our Support Forum that goes over all 64 bit supported connections.

http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=22484

Thanks for the given link.. This link helped me to solve my dll not found error..
              Last edited by rrrmmm; 11-26-2011, 05:37 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Segwin, 05-07-2018, 02:15 PM
              10 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Leafcutter  
              Started by Rapine Heihei, 04-23-2024, 07:51 PM
              2 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Max238