Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Any plans for 64-bit connection to MB Trading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any plans for 64-bit connection to MB Trading?

I use 2 connections, Zen-Fire and MB Trading... the Zen-Fire connection I find works better on the 64-bit version of NT, but I can't connect to MB Trading at the same time because there is no 64 bit version. Just wondering if anything like that was in the works, or if there was some way you could add in a fix to allow a 64 bit connection to ZF and a 32-bit connection to MB Trading to operate in a single 64-bit instance of the application..

Thanks!

Hello JS999,

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately, you cannot run the 32-bit and 64-bit version of NinjaTrader at the same time on the same PC.

We would like to see a 64-bit MBT connection, however the progress of this will depend on MBT. I do not have an ETA on when to expect 64-bit MBT support however once this has been added, you will see it listed from the following thread:

Contains critical information including but not limited to migration, installation, connections and changes.

Please let me know if you have additional questions.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Matthew View Post
      Hello JS999,

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately, you cannot run the 32-bit and 64-bit version of NinjaTrader at the same time on the same PC.

We would like to see a 64-bit MBT connection, however the progress of this will depend on MBT. I do not have an ETA on when to expect 64-bit MBT support however once this has been added, you will see it listed from the following thread:

Contains critical information including but not limited to migration, installation, connections and changes.

Please let me know if you have additional questions.
      Thanks for your reply... just to be clear, I wasn't referring to running 2 instances of NT (32 and 64 bit), but rather running the 64-bit version only and somehow loading a 32-bit connection within that application... is that possible in any way?

Also, while we are at it, is there any way to change the behavior of the MB Trading connection itself? Currently when you disconnect to MB Trading, in order to reconnect you have to shut down the entire application and restart... is there any way to fix that?
      Last edited by JS999; 07-27-2011, 08:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JS999 View Post
        Thanks for your reply... just to be clear, I wasn't referring to running 2 instances of NT (32 and 64 bit), but rather running the 64-bit version only and somehow loading a 32-bit connection within that application... is that possible in any way?
        No it is not possible to run a 32-bit adapter in the 64-bit version of NinjaTrader.

Originally posted by JS999 View Post
        Also, while we are at it, is there any way to change the behavior of the MB Trading connection itself? Currently when you disconnect to MB Trading, in order to reconnect you have to shut down the entire application and restart... is there any way to fix that?
        This is a limitation of the MBT API and there is no way to change this behavior. You will need to restart NinjaTrader in order to reconnect.
        MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

If I run Ninjatrader in 32 Bit in order to use MB Trading API, what exactly am I missing?

Is there a reason why I should not run NT on 32bit on a 64bit windows?

Thanks

Comment

Hello pedroprada,

Thanks for your post.

The 64-bit version of NinjaTrader is able to better utilize large amounts of memory. When large amounts of memory are being used the 64-bit version would be able to operate faster.
            BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by trilliantrader, 04-18-2024, 08:16 AM
            5 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post trilliantrader  
            Started by Davidtowleii, Today, 12:15 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes