Crash starting NT7 v7.0.1006

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crash starting NT7 v7.0.1006

I today installed NT v7.0.1006 on my lenovo w520. I am running Windows 7 Enterprise x64 and have SP1 and all the latest windows updates installed on the machine. I am typically logged onto my corportate Domain. When I start up NT7, it seems to hang a long time during the "compiling Custom.dll", and then eventually it just dies and I get the Windows dialog "NinjaTrader application has stopped working"... I do have VisualStudio 2010 SP1 also installed on the machine. It doesn't seem to matter if I choose to try and start NT7 via the normal shortcut or the x64 shortcut.

Help?!

Hello tedvz,

Thank you for your note.

In order for me to help determine why this is occurring, I will need to review your most current log and trace files.

Please send an email to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com and include your most recent log and trace files, ATTN: Cameron in the Subject line and a reference to this thread.

You will find the log file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.
    • The log file will be named ‘log.20110727.txt’

You will find the trace file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.
    • The trace file will be named ‘trace.20110727.txt’

Please attach both of these files to your next response. If these files are over 4MB, please let me know and I can respond with alternative instructions.
    CameronNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you Cameron for the quick reply. The logs are not that large. I will attach and email as specified in your post. Thanks.

Comment

tedvz,

I received and replied to your email.

Comment

Still a problem, presumably due to my "My Documents" being on a network location via Intellimirror. I wonder if someone else has worked around this?

Comment

Most unfortunate. Thanks for the pointer to
            http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/forum/showthread.php?t=2441 via email. Unfortunatley, moving my entire My Documents folder to a local drive is not an option. NT7 should not under any circumstances care about where the rest of "My Documents" are. I can understand that maybe the development team was a bit short-sighted in dealing with this problem, but I've been using IntelliMirror and mapping my My Documents folder to a network server for years without nary an application every giving me grief.

If I must move the "NinjaTrader 7" portion of MyDocuments to another directory, I shall be willing to do that. But, I cannot move my entire MyDocuments folder on a whim of NT7.

Is there another wiki/sticky that can explain how to deal with just the NT7 documents folder? Or, am I completely unable to use NT whatsoever? That would be quite a shame.

Comment

i have like this problem too,,,when i run ninja trader in windows 7...it cant like load and windows give me this message(ninjatrader application has stoped working)

Comment

RaminRostami,

Please see the instructions in post #2.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by geddyisodin, Today, 05:20 AM
                2 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post geddyisodin