NinjaTrader shows wrong position after reconnect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NinjaTrader shows wrong position after reconnect

Silly me. I decided to give the AMP/CQG connection another try, so I tried trading on the Sim account this morning.

I was in a position (2 long /ES) at an average price of 1302.25 by 9:49:30 EDT, when soon after, NinjaTrader became unresponsive, so I stopped it and restarted it.

After reconnection, I saw that I was now in a short position, at a waaaaaay favorable price of entry at 1322.79 on the /ES.

How do I go from a 2 long (at 1302.25) to 1 short (at the strange price of 1322.79????!) with no intervening trades being shown at all in the log, and knowing that I did NOT close that long position?

Hello,

Would need to have you send in an email support at ninjatrader dot com ATTN: Brett with log and trace files for the day this occurred so I can look into.

Most likely not related to the connection itself however but something related to the simulation account as this is what restores the position.

-Brett

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brett View Post
      Hello,

Would need to have you send in an email support at ninjatrader dot com ATTN: Brett with log and trace files for the day this occurred so I can look into.

Most likely not related to the connection itself however but something related to the simulation account as this is what restores the position.

-Brett
      Sorry Brett. I forgot to delete the unnecessary files before using the NinjaTrader Control Panel to send the email, so it seems you got sent all my log and trace files. the relevant ones are those from yesterday and today.

Comment

Alright got them.

Let me look into this will respond. Can you recall what time you logged back on and you saw the issue about?

Comment

Alright got them.

Let me look into this will respond. Can you recall what time you logged back on and you saw the issue about?
          Yes.

0949:34 EDT - Position reported as 2 long /ES @ 1302.25 average price
          1000 EDT (approx) - restarted NinjaTrader
          1004:05 EDT - Position reported as 1 short /ES @ 1322.79

No intervening trades reported, and I did not make any.

I do note now that this seems to co-incide with the CQG hourly disconnects reported and commented on in this thread: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=42893

Comment

Koganam,

I see the difference here, the numbers not even close. Not sure why this would occur either. Do you see anything in account performance report that looks funny for this time. Any reports of any additional filled order?

I'm also going to test this today / tomorrow morning and see if I can duplicate this on my side with an open position. As ultimately I'll need to find the catalyst on why this would occur to get it to development.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Koganam,

I see the difference here, the numbers not even close. Not sure why this would occur either. Do you see anything in account performance report that looks funny for this time. Any reports of any additional filled order?

I'm also going to test this today / tomorrow morning and see if I can duplicate this on my side with an open position. As ultimately I'll need to find the catalyst on why this would occur to get it to development.

I look forward to assisting you further.
              Nope. I looked at the performance report, and do not see where the SNAFU came from. There are no trades that I did not initiate.
              Last edited by koganam; 07-28-2011, 07:12 PM.

Comment

same thing happened to me yesterday while trading LIVE

look at thread "can i trust ninjatrader"

seems to have something to do with a problem with CQG where it disconnects for second every hour.

i was told at the end of the day that CQG had found a problem with their servers.

cost me 10 POINTS on NQ in my live account before i happened to notice something amiss and called my broker to put me flat.

Comment

Hello,

Still looking into. If you have a case of this happening on a live account have you contacted our technical team to look into logs on this? If not can you please do so on the reporting case.

support at ninjatrader dot com

As per the simulated account position. Still looking into, might be Monday before I have further news on this one.

Thanks.

Comment

see the thread titled "Can I trust Ninjatrader anymore"

Check with Jason, he has all the email correspondence and all my logs.

Was under the impression this was fixed by CQG with the hourly disconnect issue they identified.

Now I'm just waiting for them to make me whole on the 10 POINT NQ loss they caused me. <holding breath> <turning blue>

Comment

Originally posted by rsmtrade View Post
                      see the thread titled "Can I trust Ninjatrader anymore"

Check with Jason, he has all the email correspondence and all my logs.

Was under the impression this was fixed by CQG with the hourly disconnect issue they identified.

Now I'm just waiting for them to make me whole on the 10 POINT NQ loss they caused me. <holding breath> <turning blue>
                      You can exhale now.

Just count your lucky stars that you caught it quickly enough. Trying to made whole is one step harder than squeezing blood out of a stone.

Comment

Alright, so your CQG issue and Sim101 account issue are completely different.

->Sim101 restores account position on reconnect by rebuilding the database executions to come to the account position.

->Somewhere you have a bad execution data recorded to the database that caused your position to get rebuilt incorrectly.

Please do the following:

1) Send me your database I can look into the executions manually match each one and their restoration and see where the issue lies. Either an execution got removed, or you got disconnect in the middle of writing one to the DB. Honostly we see this happen with Sim101 account from time to time. We do not see this happen live since account position is queried from the server on reconnect not build from NT's local executions.

2) Go ahead and repair the database then you should be fine moving forward however I would want to try to find out why this occurred.

Comment

Alright, so your CQG issue and Sim101 account issue are completely different.

->Sim101 restores account position on reconnect by rebuilding the database executions to come to the account position.

->Somewhere you have a bad execution data recorded to the database that caused your position to get rebuilt incorrectly.

Please do the following:

1) Send me your database I can look into the executions manually match each one and their restoration and see where the issue lies. Either an execution got removed, or you got disconnect in the middle of writing one to the DB. Honostly we see this happen with Sim101 account from time to time. We do not see this happen live since account position is queried from the server on reconnect not build from NT's local executions.

2) Go ahead and repair the database then you should be fine moving forward however I would want to try to find out why this occurred.
                          Brett, I can certainly send you the database, but I am not sure if it is not already too late, as earlier today, I could not get ^SP500 to load onto the chart, for love or money, and in desperation, after everything I tried failed, I repaired the database. Does that mean that I may have already removed the error ?

Well, interestingly enough, after restarting NinjaTrader following the database repair, I still cannot get ^SP500 to load on my charts, but that is another issue, Please just let me know it you still want me to send the database.

Comment

Originally posted by koganam View Post
                            You can exhale now.

Just count your lucky stars that you caught it quickly enough. Trying to made whole is one step harder than squeezing blood out of a stone.

Yeah I know. AMP told me to pound sand when I asked if CQG was going to indemnify me for their screwup. I have a zenfire username with them so I'll be going back to that while I decide what to do overall.

Comment

Development does want to take a look at the DB. Might still have information we needed in it even after the repair DB.

Thanks.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by kempotrader, Today, 08:56 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post kempotrader  
                              Started by kempotrader, Today, 08:54 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes