Collapse

NinjaTrader shows wrong position after reconnect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also, does the problem still occur after the repair of the database?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brett View Post
      Development does want to take a look at the DB. Might still have information we needed in it even after the repair DB.

Thanks.
      Brett,

I just sent you the database, using the Control Center Help facility. Time: 1252 EDT

Comment

Also, does the problem still occur after the repair of the database?

Thanks.
        Brett,

I am not sure which problem you mean.

As to the problem of the incorrect position, in trying to get my position to make sense, I eventually decided to hit "Flatten All", as I figured that that will cancel all existing positions and pending orders, no matter what NT might think they are.

As to the chart display problem, I changed the Session Template to "Default 24/5", and the charts began to display.

Thanks for your attention. The more I experience NT Support, the more I wonder where they found you people. Why can other companies not take a serious interest like you folks do?

Comment

Hello,

What I mean is does the executions still restore incorrectly on restart of NT and reconnect? Can you run a quick test for me if you have time?

Thanks.

Comment

Hello,

What I mean is does the executions still restore incorrectly on restart of NT and reconnect? Can you run a quick test for me if you have time?

Thanks.
            I was 1 contract short. I waited for some really fast action at about 1549EDT, at which time I shut down NinjaTrader, and restarted it.

It correctly reports the same position that I had before I restarted.

Comment

koganam,

Just checking, is this 1 short because this is a new short position you acquired? Or is this the same exact position you got after repair DB? Basically, we are trying to determine if this DB even after repair is still usable by development for analyzing what may/may not have occurred or not.

What I saw from the original log/traces you sent in was that NT's Sim101 account said it was in 1 short on 7/28 10:04. This differed from your original position before restarting NT on that date. I want to know if this 1 short you have right now is the same 1 short you were having prior to repairing the DB or if this was a whole other 1 short position. Thank you.
              Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Josh View Post
                koganam,

Just checking, is this 1 short because this is a new short position you acquired? Or is this the same exact position you got after repair DB? Basically, we are trying to determine if this DB even after repair is still usable by development for analyzing what may/may not have occurred or not.

What I saw from the original log/traces you sent in was that NT's Sim101 account said it was in 1 short on 7/28 10:04. This differed from your original position before restarting NT on that date. I want to know if this 1 short you have right now is the same 1 short you were having prior to repairing the DB or if this was a whole other 1 short position. Thank you.
                Josh,

I had already used "Flatten All" in an attempt to clear up the situation, so this was a new position I opened short, as a test, after Brett asked me to verify whether the situation still existed.

Now I wish that when I saw the problem, I had just used another computer, and left the one with the problem, frozen in time. That way, I could just let NT support remote into it to investigate. The disadvantage of being a geek is that one tried to fix the problem before (and while) calling for support.

Unfortunately this was the first time that I had ever seen the problem, so I do not know if it will occur again, but if it does, I will be sure to freeze the setup.

Comment

Alright, no problem. Thanks for that. If you see it happen again please let us know!

Thanks.

Comment

Alright, no problem. Thanks for that. If you see it happen again please let us know!

Thanks.
                    Just sent you an email, Brett.

I have some strange doings yet again from the Sim account.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by WHICKED, Today, 12:56 PM
                    2 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post WHICKED
                    by WHICKED

Started by Felix Reichert, Today, 02:12 PM
                    0 responses
                    1 view