Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Reverse without paying double commissions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reverse without paying double commissions?

If we have a strategy where when we get an exit signal we also want to reverse the position, is there an accepted way of doing it using one order instead of two?

I have no problem getting it to achieve the position I want, but it is doing it by first an exit order, then an identical order to enter. This is resulting in 2 commissions where one would do

eg suppose we are long 20k, and we hit our signal where we want to exit and go 20k short. at moment I get two 'sell 20k' orders which execute simultaneously or near to it.

Is there a way I can get it to make one 'sell 40k' order while still recognising that one trade has been closed and a new one opened?

thanks

second question,
    is there a short way to move a stop to breakeven once some target has been reached, within the strategy wizard?

Hi village, that would unfortunately not work cleanly within the managed approach, as when you're using the Enter() methods it would reverse for you if needed to execute the signal, and this would be with a Close of the current position first and then entering the new order. In unmanaged mode you could issue the needed qty order directly to achieve a reverse of your position held, but this would be outside the wizard.

For the wizard moving the stoploss - you could check for the position having a certain open profit and then issue your resulting, changed stop loss order.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thanks for your reply. if I could suggest then at some stage a "exit long and enter short" order would be a useful addition to the managed order types.

on the breakeven stop; I am not having a problem identifying the point at which I would like the stop moved, but I have found that issuing a new stop order via the managed order

ExitShortStop(Position.AvgPrice, "BE stopout", "");

seems to only get triggered if the stop is triggered within that bar, and to make it stick I have to reissue the stop order on each bar from then on rather than once. As the condition (which caused the stop to be moved to be) would no longer be true once price moves back towards the entry point, i am using a variable as a 'switch'. The main problem with this is that to 'switch' variables on and off for long and short is using up 4 of the 'sets' in the wizard.

Hence I am wondering if there is a way to issue the stop order once so it remains GTC, or change the existing stop or trailstop point, in a way that is less convoluted than I am using now.

I have started dabbling in unlocked code but would prefer to keep it within the wizard for now if I can.

thanks

Comment

HOW do i open a new post/thread>>>>

Hi all

can any one online please help me sort out a feed problem using CGQ trail data charts load but not updating on charts or in the DOM

sick of trawling this forum for how to fix yet another NT issue,

and where is the new post BUTTON??

if anyone one line can point me in the right direction, as NT has no support on week ends probably when most novice traders spend their precious time trying to get their head around NT,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

ang

Comment

villiage, you'll have to use the overload that specifies liveUntilCancelled = true - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...tshortstop.htm.
          Code:
          ExitShortStop(0, true, 1, Position.AvgPrice, "BE Stopout", "");
          Ang, please send in an email to support at ninjatrader dot com and someone will help you out there. The new thread button is at the top of every forum section, as shown in the attached screenshot.
          Attached Files
          AustinNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

New thread button

Hi Austin

Thanx for getting back to me, is there weekend support?
            or is it via this forum, as you have responded should i ask my questions here in future on the weekends & after hours?
            I have sent an email as requested

Austin I have attached a screen shot of my forum webpage but i don't see the same page or the button as you have on your screen shot, is there a setting i have not turned on to enable this function? or perhaps send me the URL for that page

Where would have been the appropriate place to post this matter, i could't find a thread or post for my issue,
            what words should i have used to search the forum for a "no data feed" issue,
            i'm sure I'm not the first person to have experienced it?

ang
            Attached Files

Comment

Ang, yes, there is limited weekend support on both this forum and through emails. Did Cam help you out yet with this connection issue? Keep in mind the markets are currently closed, so charts won't be updating until the markets open again.

You should be able to create new threads. I'll ask our forum guy to look into this for you. The most appropriate place for this type of inquiry would be in the Connecting subforum or in an email.

Comment

Actually, after looking at your screenshot again, it looks like you were in search results. There is no "new post" button in search results. Please see if the button appears on this page - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...isplay.php?f=8.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
                16 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post Leafcutter  
                Started by WHICKED, Today, 12:45 PM
                2 responses
                0 likes