Could not import new Indicators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could not import new Indicators

I tried to import new Indicators.But it says " you have custom indicators that have programming errors.They must be resolved before importing another".
    Please see the attached image and help me solve the issue.
    Thanks
    Attached Files

Hello Bestnifty,

Thank you for your post.

Please follow the instructions below to see where the errors are coming from after compiling the indicator. This will allow you to debug the indicator/strategy or remove it from your PC. If you are wondering why you receive an error when compiling only one indicator, it is because NinjaTrader compiles all indicators and strategies- not just one.
    • Open NinjaTrader
    • From the Control Center select the Tools menu--> select the Edit NinjaScript menu item--> select Indicator
    • Select an indicator and double click on it.
    • A new window will appear and you will need to right click in the window and select Compile to compile the indicators.
    • At the bottom of the window a new section will appear were you can find the error locations.
    • From there you have the option to remove the indicator or debug it.

Let me know if this does the trick for you. Please let us know the exact error messages you're seeing within the NinjaScript compile and we can provide the next steps. A screenshot will be helpful for us to identify.

To send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CRTL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.
    CameronNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Sir , first of all sorry .In my system printscreen not working.
      The screenshot shows errors in Jurik Indicators and Woodies pivot
      Jurik is a proprietory Indicator .I do not need them and woodies too may also be removed and later on reimported if found without bugs.
      How to remove those Indicators ?
      Thanks.
      Attached Files

Comment

Bestnifty,

First, please right click in the code, then select References.

You'll then want to select and delete the existing reference to NinjaTrader.Vendor.DLL.

Next, click the Add button to load a window where you'll select a file to reference.
        Please navigate to Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom and select NinjaTrader.Vendor.dll, then press Open.

Finally, recompile your scripts and you should be all set.
        CameronNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Issues with Jurik and Woodie's CCI ?

I am helping a fellow trader install a new custom indicator that works fine on my computer-but when he tries to import it--it imports fine but then ALL the built-in indicators are no longer visible in the indicator configuration box on any charts-the only ones showing are the jurik and woodies---similar to the issue in this thread--

Are you getting a lot of issues with Jurik/Woodies?

Is the solution the same as you indicated here? (Remove the reference...)?
          Jim-Boulder
          NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Elephant Tracks

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for the note.

Is this indicator is it a .dll or .cs files?

Can you please try the following on the users PC does it have any compile errors?

Please follow the instructions below to see where the errors are coming from after compiling the indicator. This will allow you to debug the indicator/strategy or remove it from your PC. If you are wondering why you receive an error when compiling only one indicator, it is because NinjaTrader compiles all indicators and strategies- not just one.

Open NinjaTrader
            From the Control Center select the Tools menu--> select the Edit NinjaScript menu item--> select Indicator
            Select an indicator and double click on it.
            A new window will appear and you will need to right click in the window and select Compile to compile the indicators.
            At the bottom of the window a new section will appear were you can find the error locations.
            From there you have the option to remove the indicator or debug it.

Let me know what errors are listed here or take a screenshot. To send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CRTL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brett View Post
              Hello,

Thanks for the note.

Is this indicator is it a .dll or .cs files?

Can you please try the following on the users PC does it have any compile errors?

Open NinjaTrader
              From the Control Center select the Tools menu--> select the Edit NinjaScript menu item--> select Indicator
              Select an indicator and double click on it.
              A new window will appear and you will need to right click in the window and select Compile to compile the indicators.
              At the bottom of the window a new section will appear were you can find the error locations.
              From there you have the option to remove the indicator or debug it.

Let me know what errors are listed here or take a screenshot. To send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CRTL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.
              I tried to import an indicator and it failed. Now I can not try to compile or anyhting else till it can be imported. I can not find the .cs file in ninja directory to remove it. I have been thru this before and uninstalling NT7 and reinstall or deleting all files and re-install still did not work. I used to do that before till I stopped using NT7 and spend my time trading and making money INSTEAD. Tonight I had the idea to try again to use NT7. Where can I get help to fix this without wasting too much time like before. THANKS.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim-Boulder View Post
                I am helping a fellow trader install a new custom indicator that works fine on my computer-but when he tries to import it--it imports fine but then ALL the built-in indicators are no longer visible in the indicator configuration box on any charts-the only ones showing are the jurik and woodies---similar to the issue in this thread--

Are you getting a lot of issues with Jurik/Woodies?

Is the solution the same as you indicated here? (Remove the reference...)?
                Do you have the same version of NT as your client?

It seems that the indicator may be protected with a different mechanism. NT6.5 and NT7.x use different vendors for protecting dlls. While there are actually ways to make them play nice, NT support says that is an unsupported configuration.

Of course, if the indicator is not a DLL, you can just ignore my ignorant ruminations.

Comment

Thanks Koganam, This is what I was alluding to for the original poster.

Sam, You can always email me at support at ninjatrader dot com for further assistance.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.
                  Last edited by NinjaTrader_Brett; 10-03-2011, 09:12 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by aa731, Today, 02:54 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post aa731
                  by aa731

Started by thanajo, 05-04-2021, 02:11 AM
                  3 responses
                  0 likes