Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

No historical data for CT futures (AMP/CQG feed)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No historical data for CT futures (AMP/CQG feed)

Hi, I cannot get historical intraday or daily data on the charts for cotton CT futures with AMP/CQG connection (realtime DOM data and orders work fine). Although I have historical data enabled in the connection settings. Does CQG server provide historical data for this symbol?

Hello kosmipt,

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately historical data is not currently recorded for this instrument therefore bars will only be built when connected.

If you are looking for a data provider only for historical data for this instrument I recommend using Kinetick: (Our Preferred Data Feed Service Built Specifically for NinjaTrader 7) which provides historical Tick, Minute and Daily data for Equities, Futures and Forex.
    www.kinetick.com

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ View Post
      Hello kosmipt,

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately historical data is not currently recorded for this instrument therefore bars will only be built when connected.

If you are looking for a data provider only for historical data for this instrument I recommend using Kinetick: (Our Preferred Data Feed Service Built Specifically for NinjaTrader 7) which provides historical Tick, Minute and Daily data for Equities, Futures and Forex.
      www.kinetick.com

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
      But CQG has its own historical data servers, why cant NT7 load data from them?

Help says (http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...rical_data.htm)
      Historical and Real-Time Data
      NinjaTrader, LLC is not a market data provider. Historical data is provided by our connectivity providers that offer historical data as part of their service. The table below displays all NinjaTrader supported connectivity providers as well as the historical and real-time data provided by each.

CQG has historical data according to the table in the help section.

Comment

Unfortunately there is not an option to pull historical data directly from CQG servers. The data used by NinjaTrader is stored on a seperate server which unfortunately does not record all Futures instruments.

Comment

Can you add CT to your historical server? Many traders would appreciate that. I believe there's no technical problem to do that since other ICE instruments such as DX and BRN are present

Comment

I have forwarded this data request to our development team however I cannot say when this will be available.

In the meantime in order to receive historical data for this instrument you will be required to connect to a provider that offers this data.

Have a great day and please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by frslvr, 04-11-2024, 07:26 AM
            9 responses
            1 like
            Last Post caryc123  
            Started by rocketman7, Today, 09:41 AM
            4 responses
            0 likes