Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

What is the protocol for disconnection when live?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the protocol for disconnection when live?

I have been disconnected a few times lately during morning RTH trading, with a Zen-Fire account through Mirus. Fortunately, these disconnections occurred during sim-trading rather than live-trading. My questions is as follows: What is the best protocol to follow to re-establish a connection? I ask because I have experienced various means of re-connection--a couple of times NT7 has automatically re-connected moments later and other times I had to manually disconnect from my feed (even though I was already disconnected) and then re-connect. I assume since I cannot rely on an auto re-connection it is advisable to disconnect and then re-connect, but I am not confident about that--hence my question. What steps does NT recommend to best (quickly and properly) re-establish a connection? Thank you.

Hello known,

Thank you for your post.

A connection state between NinjaTrader and your broker/market data vendor is not dictated by NinjaTrader. The NinjaTrader application only reports the connection state as it is reported by the API you are connected through.

If the signals are not coming through, the underlying broker/market data vendor API reports this to the NinjaTrader application which in turn reports this back to you. Once a loss of connection is reported, NinjaTrader or the underlying API wil continuously try to re-establish a connection.

If you do not see a reconnection quickly I suggest manually disconnecting then attempting to re-establish the connection to your broker.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

"Once a loss of connection is reported, NinjaTrader or the underlying API wil continuously try to re-establish a connection. If you do not see a reconnection quickly I suggest manually disconnecting then attempting to re-establish the connection to your broker."

Thank you for the response.

To my knowledge, every time this has happened it has been due to an actual loss of internet connection (usually while I'm at my office where I don't have immediate control over the internet/modem, etc.), not a loss of connection with Zen-Fire. Under such circumstances, and once the internet is running again (it typically comes back on within moments) do you still recommend manually disconnecting and then re-connecting? Thank you.

Comment

I would only manually reconnect if the connection does automatically reconnect after a few moments.
        Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by elirion, Today, 01:36 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post elirion
        by elirion

Started by gentlebenthebear, Today, 01:30 AM
        0 responses