Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple connection behavior costing revenue

Hi,

Just to set the stage, I currently use IB and receive the usual 100 instruments of data.

I would like to increase this number, but IB does not allow for purchasing additional instruments. The next logical step is to purchase additional instruments from Kinetick. However according to this document >> http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...onnections.htm NinjaTrader will not move on to the secondary feed when the primary connection supports the instrument class being requested.

The other option is to connect to Kinetick first and use it as my data feed. However if I choose this method, I would be paying $50/month for the same 100 instruments of data that I am already receiving as a part of my IB account.

I would love to pay Kinetick $50/month to double the number of instruments that I monitor, but I am not going to pay $50/month for something I already have for "free".

In my opinion, you need to provide more flexibility with the connections you offer. It would be nice if you would separate out data, orders and news so that we could use different providers for each of these services. On a different topic, it might even allow us to use IB news within NinjaTrader instead of using the IB Trader Workstation to provide news.

Thanks for listning.

Chris Tippey ,

Thank you for your post and your feedback.

I will contact development regarding this feature request to be added to our list of considerations for a future version.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Thank you for your suggestion on how we can improve our product. It has been inserted into our tracking system with the unique ID #10 .
      MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by terofs, Yesterday, 04:18 PM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post terofs
      by terofs

Started by CommonWhale, Today, 09:55 AM
      1 response