Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Entry Exit Issues on Simple Strategy

Hi,
    I am new to NT and trying a simple strategy and am experiencing HIGHLY frustrating issues. I'm not using custom code and am using the UI to simply buy/sell when one moving average crosses another up or down. I have also setup a 12 tick stop loss and a 4 tick profit.

I am having highly inconsistent executions. Sometimes my chart shows no crosses and trades are taking place (see Square highlight in jpeg). Other times, I am riding a huge loss and the stop loss is not executing (see Circle highlight in jpeg).

I am attaching my strategy and the pic file. I am on version 7.0.1000.6. I am using a CQG demo data feed.

HELP!!!
    Attached Files

Welcome to our forums, I've changed your strategy to be expressed with the system LinReg and HMA indicators using the same period, so you would not run into issues accessing their individual plot components from the Strategy Wizard with your custom indicators - would this work more like you expected?
    Attached Files
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thanks Bertrand. I don't think that will work. The idea is to have different period for each indicator to allow for the cross. Is that not feasible? Is that why the trades aren't lining up? I didn't think that would be an issue if so.

Also, FYI...when i imported your revision, it still showed 15 period for line reg and 21 for HMA, which was my original setting.

Comment

krakken, I'm not sure why you feel the traders are not lining up, both my simplified version using the system indicators and yours using the same period settings, that is 15 for the LinReg and 21 for the to be crossed HMA.

Comment

if you look at the screenshot, you can see where it took some trades that did NOT occur at any cross. Plus there is the issue of it not taking a stop loss when it should have.

Comment

Correct, that's not happening in the version I gave you using the system indicators, please retest using this version.

Thanks,

Comment

Thanks! That seems to have done the trick. But can you tell me exactly what you did and WHERE so i can learn? Thanks again!!

Comment

I basically replaced your custom indicators with the system indicators giving the same indicator values but avoiding any multicolor plots so the needed values for the crossovers could be properly accessed from the Strategy Wizard then to make your entry conditions work as you desired.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by funk10101, Today, 12:02 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post funk10101  
                Started by gravdigaz6, Yesterday, 11:40 PM
                1 response
                0 likes