Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• maggiej12
    replied
    i am able to save new drawing objects. Workspaces i have saved with data and notes from June 27 thru today are intact. All workspaces from before June 27th have no drawing objects just data.
    I will email you some of my backup files.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_RyanM1
    replied
    Sorry for any frustration caused by missing the work put into the drawing objects. I'm not sure what may have happened to your previous drawing objects, but could be lost due to workspace corruption or overwriting files without the objects. If they were previously functional in a backup file, then they should still be preserved in this backup file. Can you please try a simple test: Draw on chart, save workspace, and restart NinjaTrader. See if the objects are preserved.

If basic functionality works fine but your backup files do not, we need to be able to break down the steps that lead to this. I'm also happy to take a look at your backup files to see if anything can be recovered. You can send in to support 'at' ninjatrader 'dot' com Attn: RyanM.

Leave a comment:

• maggiej12
    replied
    none of my backed up workspaces have any drawing objects on them either...
    how could this happen?
    I have opened up the backup files i have saved for each of the last 3 weeks and none of the workspaces in them have any drawing objects on them!
    I have spent hundreds of hours backtesting and making notes of my charts, i need to have this information available for reference!

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_RyanM1
    replied
    You can place the workspace .xml file you want in Documents\NinjaTrader\Workspaces.

We only recommend this if you are comfortable working with files in Windows. The only supported technique for preserving custom items is the backup / restore feature. It's possible to create a backup of only your workspace files.

Last edited by NinjaTrader_RyanM1; 08-03-2011, 03:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• maggiej12
    replied
    If i make a copy of my workspaces folder in windows, how can i import a single workspace to view it in Ninja?

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_RyanM1
    replied
    Hi maggiej12,

Drawing objects will be removed if not viewed within 20 days. This may explain why you do not see yours. If you view them at least once per 20 days this counter is reset.

If you are comfortable working with files in windows, you can save only the xml files from Documents\NinjaTrader 7\Workspaces to preserve your workspace.

The backup file will restore everything in it, but you can also open it up and manually extract the contents you're looking for. We do not provide support for this, but if you change the extension from .ntbk to .zip, you can open it up like a regular zip file.

Leave a comment:

• maggiej12
    started a topic Losing saved chart drawings

Losing saved chart drawings

It seems every few months i lose all the drawings and notes from my old saved workspaces. Can you tell me what is causing this? I backup my workspaces every week... is there a way to restore just the workspace that i have lost drawings for rather than the whole backup file, which will replace the new files i have created since??
    Please help, this is extremely frustrating!

thanks

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
6 responses
0 likes
Last Post alifarahani  
Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
1 response
0 likes
Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH