Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Any way to merge historical order details (I trade from two different computers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any way to merge historical order details (I trade from two different computers)

I have a lifetime license, trade using Zenfire, and have Ninjatrader installed on two pc's. I trade from both depending on situation. It seems that the order data used in account analysis is only for orders placed on that computer.

I would like to import or merge my historical order details from my secondary pc (laptop) onto my main pc so I get a real analysis of my account performance.

Is there any way to do this?

mbrownlius,

Thank you for your post

Your historical data is stored locally on your PC. In addition, all of your indicators, templates, charts and NinjaTrader settings are saved locally on your PC.

If you would like to migrate your local database from your first PC to another, you can utilize our built in back up and restore method:

http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt7/index.html?creating_a_backup_archive.htm

After you have made a backup of your NT database, you can copy the backup file to your other computer and then follow the instructions to restore the backup on the new PC:

http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt7/index.html?restoring_a_backup_archive.htm

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

I have used the backup/restore to move my indicators and such. But in this case, won't a restore blow away everything already stored locally??

I guess this is why I am looking to "merge" my order data - some trades made on each computer.

Comment

mbrownlius,

Restoring the backup file will not overwrite any of your current information.

This will merge the backup information to your current files.
        MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by PaulMohn, Today, 03:49 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post PaulMohn  
        Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM
        1 response
        0 likes