Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manually drawn lines not in the same place

Hi,

Here is a chart in 5min, 15min and 60min. The 5min and 15min are great, my lines are in the same place. The 60 min chart shows the lines in different places. Especially the red line in the bottome left hand corner that is angling down. The cyan lines are out too on the 60min. Is the 60min showing to 2pm instead of 1pm for some reason? Yes, I just checked it, the 60min goes to 2pm and the 15 goes to 1:15pm and the 5 min goes to 1:10pm. How do I fix this? The data of the lines is all identical. The session for all charts is default 24/7.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by stockgoblin; 08-04-2011, 12:56 PM.

stockgoblin,

On the 60 minute series, are the starting point and end point of the line (the anchors) in view of the chart display?

If you compress the Time axis to fit these anchor points on these lines in view, do the lines correct? Or do you still see the issue?
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

No, compressing the time to see the anchor points does not fix the issue.

Comment

Oh, I should probably say this is the S&P 500 (SPX.XO) from CBOE that has data until 1:06pm, so it doesn't end at 1:00pm and thus the charts add the extra space. 1 hour extra for 60 min chart, 15min extra for 15 and 10 min extra for 5 min chart.

Comment

stockgoblin,

Interesting, I'm not able to reproduce. Are you on NT V7.0.1000.6? You can find this under Help--> About.

If so, can you please email your current workspace file so I can test again?

Please send the email to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com and include 'Attn: Matthew' in the subject line and a reference to this thread.

You will find your workspace under (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\workspaces\<your workspace name>.xml

Please attach this workspace XML document to the email and I can look into this further.
          MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Okay, I'm making progress. I've changed the session to the U.S. Equities RTH and now the charts are not adding any space. I deleted all my lines and I'm going to try it again.

Okay. All done. It seems to be working now. What a nightmare. Problems every single day. I wonder what the problem will be tomorrow?

Comment

Oops, not working. I need the data from the default 24/7 session. I can't just use the U.S.Equities RTH session as it cuts off data and affects my indicators. Darn. I emailed you my workspace file as requested. Try to change a line to All Charts and see it appears in different places on different timeframes as the 60min chart is adding a 60min space, the 15min chart is adding a 15min space and the 5min chart is adding a 10min space.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by geotrades1, Today, 10:02 AM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
              Started by ender_wiggum, Today, 09:50 AM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby