close and flatten everything problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

close and flatten everything problem

I am sim trading and when using an ATM strategy with Chart Trader, if I choose to close a position manually using the "Close" button, the trade does NOT appear in the Account Performance >Summary or Trades tab, although the trade DOES appear in the Executions tab, and the total PnL appears in Chart Trader's button bar. Same thing happens when I choose File > Flatten Everything--nothing in the Trades tab.

I would like to have a record of my trades, whether closed by the ATM or manually. Am I missing something?

Billy Valentine,

If the trade is recorded in the Executions tab, it should be recorded in the database.

From the Account Performance Tab, are you selecting "Generate" to regenerate the report?

The account performance is not going to dynamically update. You will need to regenerate the report after the trade has been closed.

Also I'd suggest clicking on the "Advanced>>" button and ensure you have not unselected any options that may be filtering out the trades you are trying to report.

Please let me know if you need further assistance.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Matthew,

Yes, I routinely "Generate" reports after I close each trade and I have all accounts, instruments, templates, providers selected. I have repaired the database and rebooted everything, but still a discrepancy between Account Performance and Executions and Chart Trader PnL. This is in sim, so not a big deal, just an inconvenience. I reset the Sim 101 account and will try again Monday.

Comment

I am having the same problem, trading real money, not simulating. The problem seems to be the checkbox called "Group trades by ATM strategy". When it isn't checked, all trades show up in the Trades tab under Account Performance. When it's checked, positions that were closed manually (such as when clicking the "close" or "reverse" buttons or selecting "flatten everything") don't appear.

There's a kind of logical sense to this, since a strategy didn't close the trades, but I think it would be far more useful for post-analysis work if manual exits were also included when this box is checked.

-Alex

Comment

Hello Alex,

Thank you for your feed back. As this is currently not the designed behavior, I will send this into development to have added to their list of future possible enhancements.
          MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by rtwave, 04-12-2024, 09:30 AM
          4 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post rtwave
          by rtwave

Started by yertle, Yesterday, 08:38 AM
          7 responses