Connection Slowness?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connection Slowness?

Hi all, w/ all the volatility in the past few weeks, I've been experiencing major stalls and (not responsive) messages in my NT application. I've checked the logs in NT, and was wondering if this is due to the Data Feed through CQG, or if this is an application issue?

My computer runs fine on all other applications during these outages, so I'm lead to believe it's a feed issue, but can't be for certain. Looking at the logs, shows no probs through Ninja.

Any thoughts?

Hello jasterm,

Thank you for your post.

There should not be any issues with the CQG connection as long as your internet connection is fine.

If you find that NinjaTrader has difficultly keeping up during high volume periods, this would indicate that you are reaching the limits of your CPU or memory that is available during these times.

I'm including some of our Performance Tips to help reduce the memory and CPU foot print in NinjaTrader:

Chart Performance Tips
    • Set chart indicators "Calculate on bar close" property to a value of 'True'
    • Increase your chart refresh interval by increasing the value of the chart property "Display update interval (sec)"
    • Reduce the number of bars on your chart (days back or bars back settings under "Format Data Series" dialog window
    • Reduce the number of running indicators
    • If you are running a custom or 3rd party indicator or strategy, remove them to isolate if these custom NinjaScript objects may be a CPU or memory drain

Variables that can impact market data latency
    • Connecting wirelessly can drastically impact performance during heavy volume periods. Depending on signal strength, your modem/router is unable to push all the data through. This can be resolved by connecting directly into the modem/router via a hard line.
    • Serious abnormal increases in market volume
    • Data provider servers could be lagging
    • Limited bandwidth internet service (56K dial up modem is not acceptable for example)
    • Inadequate PC hardware or running too many applications on your PC

You can read all of our available performance tips from the following link:

Click here to view the NinjaTrader performance tips

Please let me know if you need further assistance.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
    2 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post algospoke  
    Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
    3 responses
    0 likes