Collapse

Profitable exits being ignored

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome dude... I will do option #1. Until then, I decided to just load the current day on my chart... now it has no previous data to work off of.... works exactly how I want it to..... using an automated strategy you don't need previous data anyway.... I will write my own EMA though... thanks so much.

Jamie Hendrix

Comment

Hi there

I dont know if this is the right place to post it, so sorry in advance. Im demo testing NT7 and I just entered a limit Sell order for 6S 9-11 @ 1.2607 when price is currently 1.2613 and the order was hit @ 1.2613. In the order book the limit clearly says 1.2607 BUT average price was the market, that is 1.2613. Shouldnt price hit the 1.2607 before being hit? Is this normal?

Regards

Regards

Comment

Hello michael fantoni,

Yes, that is normal. Your limit order becomes marketable. The price you submitted at is better than the last traded price, so you are filled at market.

If you want to place a sell order below where the market is trading, can use stop or stop limit orders instead.

You can submit various orders with the SuperDOM using either your left or middle (scroll wheel) mouse button.

Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Got it handled, thanks.... Now I am trying to code a cumulative profit trigger that tells the program to stop trading after a certain threshold has been hit... ( like profitable by 2 points, stop trading).

Any ideas?

Jamie Hendrix

Comment

Jamie, I would suggest you check into this sample here - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=4804
            BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Bertrand, You have been a great help.

Comment

Thank you Ryan!

Regards

Comment

Thanks you guys have been a great help... I just upgraded to NinjaTrader (Full Version) and have some friends who will as well.... Any referral programs??

I have another question. I would like to set up something very simple with Heiken Ashi bars... Bar closes green... Buy... Closes Red, Reverse and go short......

I have had success with manual trading this way, but I can't figure out how to code this into NinjaScript????

Any suggestions??

Comment

Hi JamieHendrix,

You can email sales 'at' ninjatrader 'dot' com to find out more information on our partner program.

Best way to get started creating the type of strategy you're going for is with the strategy wizard condition builder. You can set this condition up in a point and click interface. See the following link and then the section How to make price data comparisons
                    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
                    6 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post DJ888
                    by DJ888

Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
                    0 responses