• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Composite instruments?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Composite instruments?

Is it possible to make charts with an instruments that is a composite of other instruments? A simple example would be an instrument X that consist of a mean of instruments A and B, i e X = (A + B)/2.

Hi JakobR,

Thank you for your note.

Unfortunately, this is not a capability of the software as it exists currently. This is a suggestion which development is considering, however.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi

Just for further clarification, is it possible for NinjaTrade to use a fictitious instrument using data written by another program or even a NinjaScript indicator or strategy?

For example, I could write a program to write daily, minute or tick data in the correct format for NinjaTrader to read as price data for a new fictitious instrument (e.g. called X). It would then be possible to calculate that data to represent a composite of a group of instruments.

I understand that the data would not be live, but it would still be useful to be able to do this once a day, for example, and view it as historical data.

Regards
      Tony
      Last edited by Jellybean; 07-08-2012, 11:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jellybean View Post
        Hi

Just for further clarification, is it possible for NinjaTrade to use a fictitious instrument using data written by another program or even a NinjaScript indicator or strategy?

For example, I could write a program to write daily, minute or tick data in the correct format for NinjaTrader to read as price data for a new fictitious instrument (e.g. called X). It would then be possible to calculate that data to represent a composite of a group of instruments.

I understand that the data would not be live, but it would still be useful to be able to do this once a day, for example, and view it as historical data.

Regards
        Tony
        Just write a multi-instruent indicator.

Comment

Possible with our ATI you can create your own instrument and fill some data into it via the ATI or use the simple data import tool in tools->instrument->historical data manager.

http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...terface_at.htm

http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...ta_manager.htm
          BrettNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Thanks Koganam and Brett for your ideas. It is definitely worth pursuing.
            Cheers
            Tony

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by pitifak, Today, 01:01 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post pitifak
            by pitifak

Started by rjafcv, Yesterday, 10:40 PM