Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simulated Position

Hello,

before answering the question please notice that I work with 2 computers, one for longs and one for shorts with different accounts (otherwise it would be clear of course)

how can I avoid long and a short at the same time. What can I do and code in the script eg on my computer with the long trades so that it doesn´t take a long trade when there would be a short running (so that maybe only the longs are sent to broker.?)

Thanks
    Tony

Tony, unfortunately strategies would per default not cross communicate and this would include communication to another instance running on another PC. You could look into keeping a log of open trades accessible through the network for example via a text file, but that would be something we could not support creating with C#.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Bertrand, thank you for your reply. Of course we can not code in the script that 2 computers computer communicate - not yet;-)

I do the question different: Can I code so that NinjaTrader handles a trade as a position but it is not sent to brokers server? Like sim-mode for stops?

Thanks
      Tony

Comment

Hi Tony, that would be done with NT simply trading in simulation so executing to the Sim101 account, that would be then only a simulated position - however you could not switch accounts dynamically from the strategy code.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by LawrenHom, Today, 10:45 PM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post LawrenHom  
        Started by love2code2trade, Yesterday, 01:45 PM
        4 responses