No market data after fresh install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No market data after fresh install

After importing some data, the DB somehow got corrupted. Resetting both the DB and the instruments (via Tools --> Options --> Data) did not help.
    Finally, I uninstalled and reinstalled NT, but still, when I open the Historical data manager, under the 'Edit' I see no data.

What's going on?

Disclaimer: I'm an NT newbie

System info:
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
    Running NT 7, 64 bit

Welcome to our forums - which NT7 build are you running here? You could check this under Help > About.

How would you get your data then? From which provider / broker? As NT installed fresh would contain no data by itself, it would need a market data service like Kinetick to download historical data and get a realtime data feed (www.kinetick.com). End of day data would be free with this connection.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
      Welcome to our forums - which NT7 build are you running here? You could check this under Help > About.

How would you get your data then? From which provider / broker? As NT installed fresh would contain no data by itself, it would need a market data service like Kinetick to download historical data and get a realtime data feed (www.kinetick.com). End of day data would be free with this connection.
      I got some data from a colleague which worked fine the first time I installed NT, but does not work now.
      I made some progress, though, and now I'm able to see the data in the Historical Data manager (I deleted the NinjaTrader.sdf file, and emptied the cache folder - my guess is that NT was force to refresh its cache).

I'm still unable to view the data in a chart, nor run a strategy.

Comment

I see, correct if you delete the cache and .sdf that would force a rebuild of those on next restart.

Are you working with daily data here? Then you could run into a known bug on latest NT7 R6 (fixed for the R7) - please try for example the Default named session templates on your chart and see if the data would be displayed then.

For backtesting please use the Strategy Analyzer interface, to run a strategy from a chart / strategies tab you would need to be connected to a live data source.

Comment

Bertrand,
          just found my newbie error - I was working with futures, and the merge policy was 'DoNotMerge', thus, contracts were not merged, giving me empty data for the period of interest. Changing it to one of the merges did the trick.

In any case, thanks for your support.

Boaz

Comment

Good spot Boaz, great to hear you got it resolved.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by PaulMohn, Today, 03:49 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post PaulMohn  
            Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM
            1 response
            0 likes