Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plotting active orders on non strategy chart

Hello,

I am running several strategies which I for various reasons do not want to sync with my broker's position. I run them from the strategy tab, rather than having a zillion strategy charts open.

Now, I know I can access historical and real time charts from the Performance option on a strategy by strategy basis, and also that my entries/exits are marked on any other chart I open for the same instrument.

What I would like to see - on a non-strategy running chart I'd open, possibly via a custom indicator I would develop - are my current working/accepted stop and target orders (maybe also entry points) for all the strategies running on that instrument.

I have seen on this thread mention of unsupported methods http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=42770

, and I could go this way. But I don't really need to get the information from my broker, I would be perfectly happy accessing data from within NT, for example the log.
    Not quite sure how to do that
    - I can't call for a plot in each of my strategies I believe, because it would then only chart on that strategy's performance chart?
    - it looks like the "trade class" does not work for me either, as I am looking at yet to be executed orders.

I'd be grateful if you could point in the right direction - Ninjascript commands to look at.

Many thanks in advance

Hi farang, unfortunately as strategies would not cross communicate or indicator could not access any strategy positions / broker positions, there's not really a supported way here to go about what you try to achieve. Workaround ideas would be accessing / reading the log text files via C# 's StreamReader objects or using text files in general for storing the position info so your indicator could read it, we have some sample dealing with text files in NinjaScript here :

BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Bertrand,

I think this is just what I need - I'll try to do something using StreamReader.

Many thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by gemify, 11-11-2022, 11:52 AM
      6 responses
      2 likes
      Last Post ultls
      by ultls

Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 04:52 PM
      0 responses