Error Message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error Message

I continue to get the following message and ultimately my strategies are disconnected. Please advise. thx
    Attached Files

Hello jtfancher,

Can you please disconnect from your data feed and go to Control Center-->Tools-->Options-->Data-tab and click Repair DB. Subsequently, check if the error message persists.

If so, I suggest to rename your database. Please rename your database with the following steps:
    • Shutdown NinjaTrader and Go to the Start Menu
    • Select My Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> DB--> NinjaTrader.SDF.
    • Right click on NinjaTrader.SDF and select "Rename." *Name it "OLDNinjaTrader.SDF."
    • Then restart the software and NinjaTrader will create a fresh database file to use
    • Unfortunately the following items stored in the old database will be lost: ATM Strategy templates, Session templates, Instrument Lists/Custom Instruments and Historical trade execution data.
    To prevent running into situations where you can potentially lose important data, we advise to run regular backups via our inbuild backup feature in NinjaTrader.

Let me know if the issue remains upon using a fresh new database.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yes Jason...I have done all of this - which required me to rebuild all of my ATM strategies. And now I am still getting the error.

Comment

Can you please send me your latest log and trace files. You can find these files at the following locations.

C:\-->Users-->*Windows user account*-->(My) Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Log--> log.20110812 for today. (log.yyyymmdd for any other date)

C:\-->Users-->*Windows user account*-->(My) Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Trace--> trace.20110812 for today. (trace.yyyymmdd for any other date)

You can send them to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. Please put 'Attn Jason' in the subject header and reference this forum thread.

Comment

have this same problem - is there any resolution yet?

Ninja has been working fine, shut down normal on Friday, get this same 'Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation' error on NinjaTrader.sdf - tried to delete file and restart - same problem. Tried to reinstall Ninja 7 - get error that same version already exists - won't reinstall.
          Update - I completely uninstalled NT7 and reinstalled from scratch - still get same problem.
          Last edited by mikeing; 08-22-2011, 06:34 AM.

Comment

Hello mikeing,

Please note that you experience a different error than reported in post #1. Can you please proceed as follows.

Uninstall SQL Server on your computer.

Subsequently reinstall it using the following link.

Let me know if the error remains.

Comment

That fixed it.
              I suspect a Microsoft Office update over the weekend screwed it up.

Thanks.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
              Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes