Instrument Panel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Instrument Panel

Is it possible to select many symbols and import them all at once into a stock list. Currently it seems you have to do it one a time in the Instrument Panel. I have like 500 stocks I want to import into a symbol list which then needs to be populated into the Market Analyzer.

If I can do it through the UI, is it possible to be it through a text file that is stored in one of NT program folders?

Let me clarify:

I have 4923 symbols in my Instrument manager. I would like to import around 500 into an instrument list. Which I will then use to fill up the market analyzer. Right now it would be not worth my time to click on 500 stocks one at a time into an instrument list.

Comment

Unfortunately this is not supported. NT6.5 has a bulk import for stocks though, which will assign all imported stocks to an instrument list which is configurable. http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/v...splay.php?f=36

Comment

I just downloaded the latest 6.5 yesterday. How can I bulk import? The link doesn't specify. Thanks

Comment

Please see the Help Guide > Instrument Manager > Importing a list of stock symbols
          RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Sorry to be a pain here but is there a help guide for 6.5. I only see V6 help guide online.

Comment

Just press F1 in NT6.5

Comment

Thanks fellas....this is why I am planning to switch from piece of sh*! TS...and their useless customer service...

keep up the great work

Comment

Ok I've tried it and it seems to be flawed.

If these symbols already exist in the instrument panel then it will only import the one that don't exist. So if I wanted to import say 500 symbols into a new symbol list and 300 already exist in the instrument panel, the system will only import 200 into the new symbol list.

My other option is to add symbols into the list manually one click at a time.

Now I guess I could do it, if I could bulk delete all the symbols from the instrument panel. But It seems to only let me do that one at a time which is not feasible.

Any hints, tips or solutions would be much appreciated. Have a good weekend.

Comment

>> If these symbols already exist in the instrument panel then it will only import the one that don't exist.
                    Correct, this is expected behaviour.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by algospoke, 04-17-2024, 06:40 PM
                    6 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post algospoke  
                    Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
                    4 responses
                    0 likes