Days to load default trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Days to load default trouble

When loading a chart I'm having trouble changing my default days to load in the data series window. If I highlight Data/Daystoload and right-click, I simple get a small tab, reading :Set Default for 'Minute' Period Type." I'm sure I'm missing something simple here but cannot see what I'm doing wrong. Thank you.

Hello known,

Thank you for your note.

This is correct. Once you have setup your Minute bar parameters you may save this as a Default by right mouse clicking within the Data Series window-->Set Default for Minute Period Type.

With this setting when you create a Minute based chart these parameters will automatically be applied.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ View Post
      Hello known,

Thank you for your note.

This is correct. Once you have setup your Minute bar parameters you may save this as a Default by right mouse clicking within the Data Series window-->Set Default for Minute Period Type.

With this setting when you create a Minute based chart these parameters will automatically be applied.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
      I might have been unclear in my original post: I would like to change my days to load default setting, not my minute settings. When I attempt to change my days to load in the data series window, the only thing I ever see (on both of my computers running NT7) is a small tab, reading :Set Default for 'Minute' Period Type," which is not helpful since I want to change my days default, not my minutes default.
      Last edited by known; 08-10-2011, 09:41 AM.

Comment

Unfortunately there is not an option to set a default number of days back only. I have forwarded this to our development team as a suggestion on how we can improve the NinjaTrader platform. Once this suggestion has been input into our tracking system I will forward you the assigned ID number for tracking.

Comment

Unfortunately there is not an option to set a default number of days back only. I have forwarded this to our development team as a suggestion on how we can improve the NinjaTrader platform. Once this suggestion has been input into our tracking system I will forward you the assigned ID number for tracking.
          Okay, thank you and thanks for passing that along. One quick question: I'm running NT7 on two different computers. One loads 5 days by default and the other loads 10 days by default. Why would this be?

Comment

Have you saved that as a Default for that particular period on the other PC that loads 10 days?

Comment

Have you saved that as a Default for that particular period on the other PC that loads 10 days?
              There seems to be a misunderstanding. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding you, but I thought you wrote that it's not possible to change the days to load setting, in which case I wonder how I could have changed it to 10 days. Did I misunderstand you when you wrote, "Unfortunately there is not an option to set a default number of days back only." From what I understand here, you're saying that I cannot manually change the 5 day default setting?

Comment

HI Known.

Sorry for the confusion.

The 'Set Default for Period Type...' right-click option would be what is used to change the default number of days back selected for a interval within the data series menu.
                KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by kempotrader, Today, 08:56 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post kempotrader  
                Started by kempotrader, Today, 08:54 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes