Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NinjaTrader_Matthew
    replied
    Please include 'Attn Mathew' and a brief description of the behavior you are reporting.

Leave a comment:

• laredo78676
    replied
    email

wots in the email please?

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Matthew
    replied
    laredo78676 ,

Did you send an email as requested? There is something specific to you which is causing this. Please email me about this so we can look into this further.

If you cannot email through the platform, please send me an email from your email client to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com

Leave a comment:

• laredo78676
    replied
    grabbing chart to reduce

when i grab a chart to reduce,it shuts down the computer??

any suggestion on what the heck is going on?

Leave a comment:

• laredo78676
    replied
    grabbing chart to reduce

when i grab a chart to reduce,it shuts down the computer??

Leave a comment:

• leoterra
    replied
    NT 7.01 64-bit and 32-bit hang while using chart and AMP demo connection

I'm running "AMP_NinjaTrading_CQG" (version 7.01) demo and trying to test MicroTrends NinjaTrader Framework MACD Crossover strategy. Everything worked fine with Simulated Data Feed. Now I try to use the AMP demo data feed.

NT hangs after 5-15 minutes of running the strategy. One of the first symptoms is that it takes more than 20 seconds to display chart's strategies selection window (Windows 7 64-bit, Intel i7-2960XM 4GHz (Turbo Boost) 4-core processor, 16 GB RAM). Then the static DOM widow shutters and the Link button gets moved from its normal position (see the attached Hanging.JPG). After that all windows are not responding and I must kill NT and restart it.

Exactly the same happens for both 32- and 64-bit versions. Just a minute ago I have tested just running the chart without MT strategy. It hangs in the same way.

I tried to run NT connected to AMP with the same chart opened but without any indicator or strategy. The same hanging occured.

Now I tried it again with Simulated Data Feed - it seems to work OK, also with MT strategy running. It feels like having something to do with using the AMP demo feed.

The problem is under review by NT Support but I’m posting it just for a chance of somebody having a clue.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Matthew
    replied
    Please send me your log and trace files for today so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Support.

Please reference the following url in the body of the email:

Leave a comment:

• laredo78676
    replied
    nt freezes pc

i have volume on the charts no other ,cept prior day oHLC etc.

if i grab the chart carefully ,these are small charts i am trying to reduce to a tool bar,grab carefully by the corner,no problem but at the top or bottom,computer freezes

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Matthew
    replied
    Hello,

Does this only occur on a chart window? Does the same occur for the control center or for a market analyzer window?

Do you have any indicators applied to this chart? Can you reproduce without these indicators added?

Leave a comment:

• laredo78676
    replied
    when i go to reduce a chart from a small chart to just a tool bar by grabbing the border,the entire computer freezes

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Kyle
    replied
    Hi rcon62,

Thanks for your post.

Could you please provide me with an image of your chart?

To send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CRTL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and upload the file as an attachment to your next forum post.

Leave a comment:

• rcon62
    replied
    time display on bottom of es 578,340 tick charts

How do I change the bottom of charts so I get time displayed in minutes.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Brett
    replied
    I would not expect this to make any difference here.As no data is stored in the database.

-Brett

Leave a comment:

• goldtrader
    replied
    Thank you both for your help. i will mess with those things after the close. I was also advised to "Repair Database" under tools. I disconnected and did that, and everything is running smoothly now. No freezes on big moves so far.

Does it make sense that this would fix the problem?

Leave a comment:

• Tarkus11
    replied
    I have also experienced slowness recently, but there are some things to look at in trouble-shooting.

1) Boot Windows and look at your Event Manager - make sure there are no Windows-based errors on a simple boot-up to eliminate Windows conflicts as a problem source.
    2) If your friend has no problems using Gomi indicators, you should look at HOW he is using them - vanilla or as an input to another indicator? If he is using them differently than you, there may be an issue.
    3) How many of his other indicators are set to CalculateOnBarClose = true vs your setup? Gomi must update every tick but what about other indicators?
    4) Temporarily disable your anti-virus during trouble shooting - and don't browse the web on that PC while it is turned off.
    5) Monitor you network connection with Windows Task Manager - Check your throughput off-hours with SpeedTest. Make sure you are not getting connection drops.

If you find something amiss, please post back since most people end up discovering a misconfiguration of some sort and would learn from what you found.
    Last edited by Tarkus11; 08-10-2011, 11:20 AM.

Leave a comment:

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
4 responses
0 likes
Last Post DynamicTest  
Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
4 responses
0 likes
Last Post ScottWalsh