Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Connecting multiple local PCs with NT7 to one feed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connecting multiple local PCs with NT7 to one feed?

Hi,

Recently my indicators are getting CPU heavy, and I'm using many of them. I would benefit a lot if I could use some of my other computers (as well as new ones) for working on indicators in real time.

I'd like to install NT7 onto a machine, and then connect it to my eSignal feed via LAN. Is this possible with NT7? If so, how would I go about doing this?

I'm not sure proxy settings pointing at my machine local address would work, so maybe there is something else.
    I could maybe hack it and get eSignal data to transfer to another port etc, but I wouldn't want to do that, it's a lot of work. Any suggestions?

Hi braincell,

It seems like you're looking for some kind of distributed computing with NT. There's unfortunately no support for this. One instance of NT per Windows installation is all you can do.
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

This is a real shame, especially considering NT7 indicators are not multi-threaded. That alone is proving to be a huge downside to using NT let me tell you. It really means that I'm only using 25% or 50% of my computer for the indicators. This should be a priority to get changed.

I am a programmer and I know what it takes, if the code is properly structured, it wouldn't be hard at all to make indicators multi-threaded.

Anyway, if I may ask, do you have any suggestions for other platforms (professional or not) which would support distributed computing? Just curious, not leaving NT any time soon, I just got here.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. It's good that software programs can take advantage of the latest hardware available, and there are some areas where NT currently can use multithreading (backtesting, optimizing). We will add support for multithreading when possible, but there has not historically been a demand to run 1 instance of NT across multiple computers.
        Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I see. I'm suprised there hasn't been much demand for that. I suppose that's in the realm of more professional platforms then. NT is great for home use though! It rocks.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:00 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Waxavi
          by Waxavi

Started by elirion, Today, 01:36 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes