Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

file tmpA821.tmp missing during installation

Hello,

I have problem with installation of NT to my new notebook. When I try to install NT some error appers that file tmpA821.tmp is missing (printscreen attached) and installation ends.

I do not know if it is Windows 7 problem or NT problem. As I have already installated NT on this notebook and I wanted to reinstall it, so I deleted all NT files. But then when I started setup I could only repair or remove NT from my comuputer and no matter which option I have used, nothing worked as some .dll was missing. So I went to regedit and I deleted all keys with Ninja Trader.
    After that I was able to run setup and to unistall NT. But now I try to install NT and this error appers. Hope it is understable.

thanks for any help, Ladislav
    Attached Files

Hello Ipavelek,

Thank you for your post.

This message indicates that the NinjaTrader uninstaller file is missing.
    To resolve this issue, download and run the Microsoft Windows Installer CleanUp utility listed below. Once the utility is running, select NinjaTrader from the list and select Remove. It will then be possible to reinstall NinjaTrader successfully.

Microsoft Windows Installer CleanUp utility: http://majorgeeks.com/Windows_Instal...ity_d4459.html

Once the utility has been run and NinjaTrader has been removed, download NinjaTrader.
    http://www.ninjatrader.com/download-registration.php

Let me know if you continue to have the issue after running the Microsoft Windows Installer CleanUp Utility.

CameronNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

thanks for help, I have downloaded Clean up, but NT is not visible at list. I have already used CClearn for unistalling NT and also at NT setup I have chosen option unistall and it work correctly. But after that I have used setup for installing and that error that tmp file is missing appeared.

Ladislav
      Attached Files

Comment

I have ment program CCleaner not CClearn.

Comment

Ipavelek,

To assist you further with this issue, please send in a note to Support[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com.

Put ATTN: Cameron in the subject and a link to this forum post in the body.

Also, respond with a good date/time including your time zone you would available for a call.

Comment

OK, thanks for info, I will let you know on Monday.

Comment

Ipavelek,

Sounds good, I look forward to hearing from you on Monday.

Comment

Hello,

so problem has been solved.
                I have deleted from regedit also keys with trace to folder where that missing tmp file should have been found and after that installation worked sucessfully and NT is now running.

Ladislav

Comment

Ipavelek,

Glad to hear that you were able to resolve this issue.

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions.

Comment

follow these steps to fix your problem

You need to download Windows Installer Cleanup Utility to fix it

The Windows Installer Cleanup Utility has been expired by the Microsoft but user can still obtained it or same type of software from many 3rd-party download sites.However it is known that it may cause potential damage to Office 2007 installation - that is the reason MS has discontinued Windows Installer Cleanup Utility. But you can still get the programs that work much better then Windows Installer Cleanup Utility and don’t conflict with any program in Windows. You can download this software from the link provided below and fix your problems with that. It is most updated software with many additional features.

Comment

Still problem UNINSTALLING

Have same problem (Can't find the UNINSTALL "tmp" file). Tried to uninstall with several of the UNINSTALL programs. Entry not listed in the Control panel "program and features" any longer.

I only show the Ninja Trader 6.5 left still.

Please advise, I would like to be able to the application up to date, I am still using 7.0.1000.6 which is starting to shutdown un-expectingly.

THANK YOU for your help.

Comment

Hi [email protected],

Thanks for your post.

Did you happen to try the uninstallation utility which mteldon007 mentioned in the post above? This should take care of that .tmp file issue.

If you've tried this and are still seeing the same issue, please send a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com with 'ATTN: Kyle' in the subject line. Please also include a link to this forum thread.
                        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by kaywai, 09-01-2023, 08:44 PM
                        5 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post NinjaTrader_Jason  
                        Started by xiinteractive, 04-09-2024, 08:08 AM
                        6 responses
                        0 likes