"Error backfill...response too short"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Error backfill...response too short"

I'm not sure if I should post this here or in charting but this is the error I get and it's always when NT7 closes unexpectedly (forcibly by Windows Control Manager or it crashes). I tend to lose my internet connection sometimes and so I end up having to force it to close using windows by the way. The charts do seem to come up ok, but I get this error with the stocks I normally look at. So for example, I never look at AAPL, so there's no price data in any folder on my pc and that stock chart will load fine. But if I type in one of the stocks I watch, I get the "Error backfill...response too short". Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Hi trader_rick1234,

Thanks for reporting this.

I'm just curious - if you open a new workspace when this next occurs (File > Workspaces > New Workspace), do you see the same behavior there?
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Are you using TDA?

Have you tried closing NT7 normally and do you get this message? (I do).

We have a TDA thread here:

Originally posted by trader_rick1234 View Post
      I'm not sure if I should post this here or in charting but this is the error I get and it's always when NT7 closes unexpectedly (forcibly by Windows Control Manager or it crashes). I tend to lose my internet connection sometimes and so I end up having to force it to close using windows by the way. The charts do seem to come up ok, but I get this error with the stocks I normally look at. So for example, I never look at AAPL, so there's no price data in any folder on my pc and that stock chart will load fine. But if I type in one of the stocks I watch, I get the "Error backfill...response too short". Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by ender_wiggum, Today, 09:50 AM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
      Started by rajendrasubedi2023, Today, 09:50 AM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH