Z Order seems to be incorrect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z Order seems to be incorrect

Check out this video, and notice how no matter how I change the z-order of the price bars, they are always covered by one of the two lines on the chart. I want my price bars to be at the highest z-level (at the top).

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Hi JoshDance,

Thanks for your post.

Can you clarify for me which indicators I see in the chart here. I'd expect that the blue plot on the price bars themselves is an EMA - is that right? What about the dashed indicator below?

I don't see the same type of behavior in my testing here, so I'm hoping that this may help to better my understanding of the issue.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

It's the session VWAP. I also have the same indicators in another chart and do not have this problem. However, I have created a chart from scratch and still have this problem... regardless of the indicator, it seems there is a bug, yes?

Comment

Hi JoshDance,

Thanks for clarifying.

There's definitely something strange going on, but as I'm not able to replicate we can't quite call it a bug at this point.

Have you tried a new workspace? If so, I take it that you see the same results there?
        If that's the case, please provide me with a copy of the workspace which holds your settings so that I can further test. Workspaces will be found in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Workspaces folder.
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
          Hi JoshDance,

Thanks for clarifying.

There's definitely something strange going on, but as I'm not able to replicate we can't quite call it a bug at this point.

Have you tried a new workspace? If so, I take it that you see the same results there?
          If that's the case, please provide me with a copy of the workspace which holds your settings so that I can further test. Workspaces will be found in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Workspaces folder.
          I have saved a template from my 1m chart which does not exhibit this problem, and applied it to the problem chart, and will see if it exhibits the problem. Sometimes I can get the z-order such that it's fine, and then I look back in a few minutes and the price bars are not on top, so I will have to wait until today and tomorrow to see if this problem occurs during trading. If it persists, I will let you know and send you the workspace for you to reproduce.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
          6 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post DJ888
          by DJ888

Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
          0 responses
          1 view