IB NT Chart Discrepancy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IB NT Chart Discrepancy

NT is printing significantly different charts compared to the IB charts. Both charts work off IB data feed-eur.usd cash market. I have cross checked with Oanda charts and the Oandaa charts correspond well with IB charts. I conclude that NT is not charting accurately. Any ideas?
    Thx
    CP
    Attached Files

Hello CP,

Please note that NinjaTrader connects via the IB API to load data. IB's TWS loads data from a different source, so you can experience differences.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thx. I'd like to stay with NT so I hope you don't mind if I pursue this. IB feed with Multicharts also corresponds to IB charts, so I think that this is NT specific. I wouldn't expect this consistent and significant differences of data in the same market-even forex.
      Could there be any other reason-anything I cld check within NT on my machine?
      CP

Comment

Thx. I'd like to stay with NT so I hope you don't mind me pursuiing this. Multicharts with IB feed also corresponds to IB charts (I can send you a capture if you like), so this does seem to be NT specific. Also, I wouldn't expect consistent and significant data differences, even in forex.
        Is there anything I can check on my NT platform or my machine?
        CP

Comment

Can you please right click in the chart and select 'Reload All Historical Data'. Does it resemble the data in TWS? Please note that you can expect differences between real-time and historical data with IB. Please see the link below for information regarding IB data.

IB provides snapshot data. Real-time data is updated every 250 milliseconds and historical data 300 milliseconds. Because of this difference, you can experience difference in real-time and historical data.

Unfortunately, there is no other reason. NinjaTrader acts like a radio receiver and displays the data it receives. I am not sure if Multicharts connects via the IB API as well.
          JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by knowmad, Today, 03:52 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post knowmad
          by knowmad

Started by tradingnasdaqprueba, Today, 03:42 AM
          0 responses