Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

esignal and win 64 bit

Hi,

I'm using windows 2008 (64 bit) I have installed NT and I had no problem till I subscribed to esignal data feed. The problem is that when connecting I receive an error telling me that esignal only workks with the 32 bit version.

So instead fo starting with the 64bit I went to the NT folders and I executed the 32bit one. When executing I receive the error saying that the implode.dll file is not found. What could be the solution?

Hello guillembm,

Can you please perform an uninstall/re-install of NinjaTrader and the eSignal software. You will save all settings and data in NinjaTrader.

You can uninstall NinjaTrader 7 via the Windows Control Panel-->Add/Remove Programs (XP), Programs and Features (Vista and later).

Uninstall eSignal via the Control Panel as well. Download and install eSignal 10.6.2124 from our eSignal connection guide below.

Subsequently, clear your browser cache and download and install NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.7 from the following link.

Start NinjaTrader in 32 bit. Create a brand new eSignal connection and check if you can get connected.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Jason -

FWIW, I had the same issue with implode.dll.

Thought I removed eSignal from my computer when I switched to Kinetick. However, as I am sure you know, there is a \bin\eSignal folder in NT7 that will contain the implode file. I moved it into the body of the \bin folder and that seemed to resolve the issue, or at least I no longer get the message on startup.

Do you think there is any disadvantage to that cure?

Comment

Hello ntfrog,

I tested it on my end, however I was unable to start NinjaTradder once I made that change.

I suggest to perform an uninstall/reinstall of NinjaTrader, so you have a fresh installation in C:\-->Program Files-->NinjaTrader 7. You will save all settings and data (these are saved at Documents-->NinjaTrader 7 and will not be affected).

You can uninstall NinjaTrader 7 via the Windows Control Panel-->Add/Remove Programs (XP), Programs and Features (Vista and later). This will remove all files at C:\-->Program Files-->NinjaTrader 7.

Subsequently, clear your browser cache and download and install NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.7 from the link below.

Please let me know if you experience any issues after a reinstall.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Jason,

re-installing was enough

thanks

Comment

Well, I have developed a bad habit of some sort. I am doing something that causes the contents of a chart to dissappear and the result is a screen that does not have the time date at the bottom and the right side vertical scale is 0 at the bottom and 0.01 at the top, sometimes .25 at the top.

It must be an advanced noobie mistake. Can you tell me what I have done and how to avoid and correct it? (I am connected to Kinetick and it may be related to selecting ETH or RTH??)

Thanks.

Comment

Hello ntfrog,

Can you please tell me which version of NinjaTrader you are using, NT V7.0.1000.7? You can check this under Help--> About.

Are these daily charts?

Do you have issues if you set your chart to "Default 24/7"?
              MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Thank you for your response, Matthew.

Using NT7, and the condition occurs at random but seems associated with changing the time frame or the data from candlestick to OHLC and has happened with both stocks and e-mini.
                Once it happens, selecting other time frames doesn't clear the problem.

Pretty sure I am hitting an inappropriate key and inducing the condition.
                Have had this problem before and somehow I hit the right combo on the keyboard to clear it up.

Would like to not have to reinstall every time it happens.

Comment

Matthew:

As a further note, when I now try to create a new chart, all I can get is the blank screen described below.

Comment

I had a similar issue that had 2 possible causes:

- I was not receiving data from Interactive brokers (still happens sometimes).
                    - The settings on instrument manager where wrong for this stock.

Comment

NTFrog,

Please try setting your Daily charts to the Default 24/7 session template.
                      • Right click in your chart and select Data Series.
                      • In the Data Series menu, set the "Session Template" property to "Default 24/7", then click OK.

Please let me know if you continue to experience issues.
                      MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Guillembm:

Thank you for you thoughts. After setting it to "default 24/7" and exiting and restarting NT my most recent tailored charts reappeared and the problem seems to have cleared.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by trilliantrader, Yesterday, 03:01 PM
                        3 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
                        Started by cmtjoancolmenero, Yesterday, 03:58 PM
                        4 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB