Live NT config issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Live NT config issues

After 8 wks of studying, coding, backtesting and debugging, I went live this week.

Unsatisfied by the data limit provided by IB, I am using them strictly to market orders.

I recognize what Kinetick was built for and seeing the performance differences, I upgraded to the 500 stock option before I went live.

So after today, I can confirm a few issues that have me at least worried if not disappointed.

I used to monitor 1200 equities on this PC through a different setup but I have adjusted my platform to work with aproximately 500 in NT.

This change has resulted in a complete and total platform instability. Performance is unacceptable and I have either gone non-responsive (for 3 minutes or more) or fully crashed with multiple positions and live orders about a a dozen times; this has happened to such an extent that today I found myself simply trading through IB with excel open to do calculation.

I recognize that technology, software, hardware and data have their limitations...soI am not posting to complain. I am posting to get some feedback and answers so that I can attempt to salvage this situation.

The PC is 2ish yrs old....VIsta 64 bit with 8GB of RAM and an intel quadcore 3.0 processor. I would think that it should be able to handle 500 equities but I am starting to have my doubts. Today I was running one strategy on the SP500 (fully automated) but it is my goal to be running multiple strats on the same 500 names such that the burden is expected to be greater than it is now as I layer additional strategies on top in the coming weeks.

I also am worried (based on a few of the executions that seemed implausible based on strategy requirements) that substantial packets of data are being lost or misread. At 10:30 or so this morning, I wound up short a basket of stocks, 60% of which did not seem to come even close to meeting my criteria (fortunately the market came off but I don't plan to rely on such luck in order to make a living lol).

I could use a response here from someone who has experience configuring hardware to work with NT...I am not saying that there is a simple answer, but perhaps we will be able to begin a discussion that will help me edit/change certain permissions or settings that will allow the platform to run more acceptably, because I am very happy with the software's theoretical capabilities.

Thank you in advance.

Andrew

Andrew, generally spoken I would highly recommend to review those performance tips here :

Are you then running the 64 bit version of latest NT7?

Since .NET corruptions can contribute to performance issues / crashes I would recommend taking some time on the weekend and then freshly reinstall this framework NT would require - for the complete steps needed please send us a note to support referencing this thread.

For the crashes you unfortunately experienced - could you please email us via Help > Mail to Support and then include an approx. time when you were seeing those so we could review the diagnostic files for clues then for you?

Thanks,
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by mjairg, 07-20-2023, 11:57 PM
    3 responses
    1 like
    Last Post PaulMohn  
    Started by TheWhiteDragon, 01-21-2019, 12:44 PM
    4 responses