Phantom Position

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Tremblinghandtrader,

Thanks for the reply and sorry to hear the Mail to support feature did not send. Can you please manually attach the file in an email to support 'at' ninjatrader 'dot' com?

Database file is named NinjaTrader.sdf

You'll find it in:
    Documents\NinjaTrader 7\db.

If the file size is over 3 MB, use this service to send:
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ok so this is getting really messy now. I have sent you my database as per above instructions but exactly what do you hope to do? I have now completed another days trading.

Comment

The database will help me to get a clear understanding of the issue. I can view the trades that occurred and investigate why NinjaTrader got out of synch.

Could you please tell me at what prices and time the trade occurred when you experienced the crash.

Do you still have a position discrepancy between NinjaTrader and TWS?

Could you please provide clarification what exactly is reported incorrect in the performance report. What do you expect and what is actually reported. Please provide me an example of what exactly is reported incorrect and what you expect to be reported.

Perhaps it is best to rename your database and start fresh. You can rename your database with the following steps :
        • Shutdown NinjaTrader and Go to the Start Menu
        • Select My Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> DB--> NinjaTrader.SDF.
        • Right click on NinjaTrader.SDF and select "Rename." *Name it "OLDNinjaTrader.SDF."
        • Then restart the software and NinjaTrader will create a fresh database file to use
        • Unfortunately the following items stored in the old database will be gone: ATM Strategy templates, Session templates, Instrument Lists/Custom Instruments and historical trade execution data
        You could always restore these items by renaming the .SDF file back to 'NinjaTrader'. The .SDF file located in the NinjaTrader 7-->db folder named 'NinjaTrader' will be used as database.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
          The database will help me to get a clear understanding of the issue. I can view the trades that occurred and investigate why NinjaTrader got out of synch.

Could you please tell me at what prices and time the trade occurred when you experienced the crash.
          I have already sent a database from this morning but have now completed another days trading.

Did you get it?

Do you want me to send it again?

Do you still have a position discrepancy between NinjaTrader and TWS?
          YES!! And adding manual trades to fix the discrepancy does not work.

Could you please provide clarification what exactly is reported incorrect in the performance report. What do you expect and what is actually reported. Please provide me an example of what exactly is reported incorrect and what you expect to be reported.
          I can email a spreadsheet of the actual TWS executions and you will see where they are out of sync.

Perhaps it is best to rename your database and start fresh. You can rename your database with the following steps :
          • Shutdown NinjaTrader and Go to the Start Menu
          • Select My Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> DB--> NinjaTrader.SDF.
          • Right click on NinjaTrader.SDF and select "Rename." *Name it "OLDNinjaTrader.SDF."
          • Then restart the software and NinjaTrader will create a fresh database file to use
          • Unfortunately the following items stored in the old database will be gone: ATM Strategy templates, Session templates, Instrument Lists/Custom Instruments and historical trade execution data
          You could always restore these items by renaming the .SDF file back to 'NinjaTrader'. The .SDF file located in the NinjaTrader 7-->db folder named 'NinjaTrader' will be used as database.
          I was waiting for this one. LET ME MAKE IT CLEAR. THIS IS TOTALLY UNACEPTABLE. THE ONLY REASON I PAY YOU IS TO KEEP AN ONGOING RECORD OF ALL PAST TRADES.

Comment

Ok, let us focus on synching NinjaTrader with IB/TWS first. Can you please send me your log and trace files for today. You can find these files at the following locations.

C:\-->Users-->*Windows user account*-->(My) Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Log--> log.20110819 for today. (log.yyyymmdd for any other date)

C:\-->Users-->*Windows user account*-->(My) Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Trace--> trace.20110819 for today. (trace.yyyymmdd for any other date)

You can send it to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. Please put 'Attn Jason' in the subject header and reference this forum thread.

Please include what position is currently reported in TWS and what position is incorrectly reported in NinjaTrader.

Yes, I received your database. Could you please tell me at what prices and time the trade occurred when you experienced the crash.

In addition, can you please tell me during which trade the positions started to be out of synch. No need to send a spreadsheet - just let me know at what trade the positions got out of synch.

Am I correct this is the same trade - positions got out of synch when you experienced the crash?

Comment

Have sent an email with the stuff you requested.

Comment

Can I request someone else to fix this problem as this has not progress off step 1. I cannot get NinjaTrader_Jason to even look at the problem.

It is clear that NT staff are stretched answering questions about how to place a sim order and haven't time to fix problems that their software causes to paying customers.

Comment

Hello Jason,

I have escalated your case to my superiors. Once there is any news, we will let you know.

Comment

So the out come of all this was that NT database had become corrupted during the crash and there was no way to fix or modify it!! Great feature that

So I had to start a new database meaning I no longer have access to ALL my previous trade results. Which is the only reason why I paid for NT in the first place.

But as I go to restart NT just now its reminding me to backup the database as well as other things.

Can you please tell me what the hell good is the backup if support gets me to just wipe it every time your software crashes???

Comment

If you create a backup file, it will save all settings and data in the current state. If data gets corrupted there after, you can restore the backup file and it will restore your setttings before it got corrupted.

Comment

Well why didn't you tell me to do that BEFORE????

Comment

When you reported the issue, unfortunately the database was already corrupted so it would not have helped to create a backup file. The backup file would contain the corrupted database with incorrect executions.

Comment

I understand that.

But your program promps me to back up every week. Which I do. It only occurred to me after your only solotion was to trash all my previous history and start again. I should of known better to follow NT support and thought about it more.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM
                            0 responses
                            1 view
                            0 likes
                            Last Post inanazsocial  
                            Started by trilliantrader, 04-18-2024, 08:16 AM
                            5 responses
                            0 likes