Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

volume bar chat slows down

Hi,

I just tried to test a new trading idea with volume charts and found out that it slows down NT7

overall and sometimes making NT7 lag seriously.

The volume chart makes it lag so much that sometimes bars don't update for 5-6 seconds

and I get NT7 not responding error too.

I didn't have any problem when I used a workplace with 6 tick charts and two 5min charts

till I added one 20k volume chart.

I searched the forum and dug up this old post but I want to make sure it's still the case or a way around this problem?

I just bought a new computer thinking my old one couldn't handle all the loads

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ben View Post
    Hello,

The Volume charts take longer because each tick has to be allocated to each bar give your volume setting for the bars.

Note there will be great improvements to NT charts in the up coming NT version 7, which is do start beta testing in the second quarter of this year.
    Last edited by kalalex; 08-19-2011, 10:05 AM.

Hello kalalex,

Thank you for your post.

Does the lagging behavior persists if you reduce the resource request of NinjaTrader?

Check if you are running workspaces in the background (these will request data & resources as well) and close them. Can you please restart NinjaTrader and go to File-->Workspaces and check what workspaces are listed below 'Save Workspace As'. The workspace with the checkmark is the workspace opened on your monitor. Any additional workspaces listed, are opened in the background.

Select a workspace without a checkmark and subsequently go to File-->Workspaces-->Close Workspace. Repeat this process until only one workspace is opened.

Close some charts, SuperDOM's or other NinjaTrader windows. Reduce the amount of indicators in your chart or set 'Calculate on bar close' to True. Reduce the amount of historical data in your charts by configuring the Format Data Series window.

More tips can be found at the following link.

Please let me know if the issue persists after this procedure.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Chirs,

I have 3 more workspaces working in the background but those charts are the same tick charts and 5 min charts I have on my main workspaces.
      Only difference is that these workpaces have bigger charts for each instuments I trade.
      So I assume it wouldn't draw that much resources.

Comment

All Workspaces running in the background will also require PC resources even if they have the same instruments being used. I suggest closing any Workspaces you have running in the background that are not being used to reduce resources.

Comment

Ok.
          I tried the suggested remedy and it didn't help much.
          Further, it's not a real solution because I need those workspaces before I place orders.

Is it a know issue or it's only happening to me?

Comment

Yes other users do experience lagging issue which is usually a result of performance or syncing issues.

Can you tell me version of NInjaTrader you have installed which can be found under Help-->About.

Also please close NinjaTrader and sync your PC clock by double clicking on the clock in the lower right corner of your desktop. Once you have done that, click on Internet Time tab-->Change Settings-->Select "time.nist.gov" from the drop down menu and then click Update. Your PC clock should now be updated and you may restart NinjaTrader.

Comment

Chris,

I'll get back to this thread on Monday after market opens in order to test after the fix.

thanks.

Have a nice weekend.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
              0 responses
              1 view
              0 likes
              Last Post CortexZenUSA  
              Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM