yahoo connections are simulated real-time price feeds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yahoo connections are simulated real-time price feeds

HI I am very new to NT and hope some one can help clarify something... In NT 7 (free version) when creating a Yahoo account connection through Tools | Account Connections | Add.... the last dialog states: "Yahoo connections are simulated real-time price feeds" Can someone shed some light on what this means? Does this mean the prices I see when charting Stocks/ETFs are not the real prices? Any help is appreciated.
    thanks!

Hello brad12s,

Yes, that is correct. We only support historical daily data with Yahoo as per the link below under 'Understanding the data provided by your connectivity provider'.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by brad12s View Post
      HI I am very new to NT and hope some one can help clarify something... In NT 7 (free version) when creating a Yahoo account connection through Tools | Account Connections | Add.... the last dialog states: "Yahoo connections are simulated real-time price feeds" Can someone shed some light on what this means? Does this mean the prices I see when charting Stocks/ETFs are not the real prices? Any help is appreciated.
      thanks!
      Yea u r right. NT7 does that. NT 7 rocks in so far as fetching Real Data is concerned. I am from New Delhi, India. Here, I get Real Time Yahoo data free and that too without any delay (I checked with my TradingTerminal and can say now with confidence). I just created yahoo account thru Tools>Account Connection and then File >Connect > yahoo. Of course one needs to set up proper Instrument in Instrument Manager with session, exchange and misc >symbol mapping with yahoo. After that just open the chart of that instrument and you will have RT data free without delay.
      Now my only problem is: How to get Backfill of this RT data. By backfill of RT data I mean, suppose I open the chart at 12.30 pm (while Market opens here at 9.30 am and closes 3.30 pm), then yahoo will show candles from 12.30 only. I am sure there must be a way to Backfill the chart from earlier period - 9.30 to 12.30, so that one could have a consistent Intraday RT chart. Any help in this regard from great NT experts will behighly appreciated.
      Thanking you.
      Manu Adam (New Delhi, India)

Comment

There is no intraday backfill on Yahoo!. Leave your machine on or use a provider that does.

Yahoo! Uses bats exchange for realtime data. I believe there are limitations with that.

Originally posted by ManuAdam View Post
        Yea u r right. NT7 does that. NT 7 rocks in so far as fetching Real Data is concerned. I am from New Delhi, India. Here, I get Real Time Yahoo data free and that too without any delay (I checked with my TradingTerminal and can say now with confidence). I just created yahoo account thru Tools>Account Connection and then File >Connect > yahoo. Of course one needs to set up proper Instrument in Instrument Manager with session, exchange and misc >symbol mapping with yahoo. After that just open the chart of that instrument and you will have RT data free without delay.
        Now my only problem is: How to get Backfill of this RT data. By backfill of RT data I mean, suppose I open the chart at 12.30 pm (while Market opens here at 9.30 am and closes 3.30 pm), then yahoo will show candles from 12.30 only. I am sure there must be a way to Backfill the chart from earlier period - 9.30 to 12.30, so that one could have a consistent Intraday RT chart. Any help in this regard from great NT experts will behighly appreciated.
        Thanking you.
        Manu Adam (New Delhi, India)

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
        47 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post aligator  
        Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
        0 responses