Problem connecting to Interactive Brokers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem connecting to Interactive Brokers

Hi, I have followed the instruction that explains how to connect to interactive brokers using TWS from to ninjatrader platform. However, every time I try to connect from ninjatrader, TWS keeps restarting over and over. I don't know what could be the problem here. I need help!

Hello redvanyfx,

Thank you for your post.

Which build of TWS do you use? To check, please click Help > About Trader Workstation.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi, I am using:

TWS 4
      Build 918.9b, Aug 4, 2011 1:44:44

Comment

Hello redvanyfx,

Thanks for clarifying.

With the current release, you'll need to use TWS build 917.8. Please install that build from the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/ninjatrad...tall_917_8.exe

After installing, please restart NinjaTrader and TWS. It should then be possible to connect.

Comment

That did it. It is working now

Thank you for your help!

Comment

Hello!
            How can I connect NT with IB gateway? TWS build 917.8 is used (Gateway).
            NT try to open TWS...but gateway is already open and ready.

Comment

Henrik,

Unfortunately you cannot connect to NinjaTrader using IB Gateway. This is on our development team's list of future considerations, but is not currently possible.

You must use standalone version TWS 917.8 with the current version of NinjaTrader.
              MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

...curious.
                NT connect successful with the IB gateway over a second PC in the same private network.

1.) run IB gateway on PC-Server (homeserver).
                2.) set in gateway the API: trustet IP adresses: IP-adress of the PC with NT
                3.) run NT on a client-PC
                4.) set in NT account connections the host-IP to the homeserver

Works fine!

Comment

Seems its finally time to upgrade (NT 6.5 sim and TWS 906.8); But first is there some OTHER reason why my NT just wont start today? The .exe is just dead and Windows7 wants to search the net for a solution. Assuming "its me not you" I've downloaded the NT sim ver 7.0.1000.7 and presume my TWS upgrade should be as shown in this thread TWS ver917.8 correct? Also will NT just download by default to the appropriate directory while saving my previous NT setups and P&L history or do I need to do some custom install?

Comment

Originally posted by trymph View Post
                    Seems its finally time to upgrade (NT 6.5 sim and TWS 906.8); But first is there some OTHER reason why my NT just wont start today? The .exe is just dead and Windows7 wants to search the net for a solution. Assuming "its me not you" I've downloaded the NT sim ver 7.0.1000.7 and presume my TWS upgrade should be as shown in this thread TWS ver917.8 correct? Also will NT just download by default to the appropriate directory while saving my previous NT setups and P&L history or do I need to do some custom install?
                    Hello,

Regarding 6.5, I'd ensure you have not installed the windows update SP1 on this PC. This would prevent 6.5 from working as it is not compatible.

Yes, NT V7.0.1000.7 would use TWS 917.8.

NinjaTrader 7 should migrate data where applicable when you install. Please review our Migration Guide on this topic:

MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Yep you called it, thats what happened...Windows7 SP1 over the weekend..........thats why you get the big bucks<g>. Maybe its time to step into modern times; I've always been hesitant due to compatibility with previous versions' lost P&L history in the past; but that was WAY IN PAST 6.5 & back ect<g>. Thanks for your quick reply; regards.

Comment

OK thanks for your help as the upgrade was fairly painless and connected just fine having my connection settings imported from previous ver6.5 BUT<g> I'm missing transaction history when I generate an account performance study along with my saved order bracket/trailing strategies from 6.5. Perhaps opening the 64 bit first messed up the old data import ( I did get an error message telling me to open the 32 bit ver first which I did). Is there some file(s) in my 6.5 directory that I can copy which will import the 6.5 transactions and order strategies? Not a big deal but would be nice............

Comment

Hello trymph,

Unfortunately there is no file available, as database technology changed. You can delete a file which will force the NT6.5 > 7 migration process again, and then bring over your historical executions.

Close NT7, delete MyDocuments\NinjaTrader 7\log\install.xml and restart. If there is 6.5 installed on this computer, it will ask if you want to migrate into 7.

Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

uhmmmmmmmmm .....got rid of the install.xml and restarted using the 32 bit shortcut. Still missing old executions but NOW I'm missing all the instruments. How can I get NT to import all the instruments; maybe need to give up on my old 6.5 account performance records.

Comment

Hello trymph,

Please send a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com with 'ATTN: Kyle' in the subject line.

In the message, please include a link to this forum thread and a copy of today's trace file.

The trace file will be found in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.
                              The file I'm looking for will be named 'trace.20110906.txt'.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Brevo
                              by Brevo

Started by aussugardefender, Today, 01:07 AM
                              0 responses