Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Why right click chart order entry still prompts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why right click chart order entry still prompts?

When I right click on a chart and select "Sell Stop Limit 2 @ 2045.00"
    It is using my defined ATM strategy.... But after I select this a little pop up appears with a spin box (with zero in it) and with a check mark and X cancel buttons ....
    I would prefer that it just enter the order right away and not provide a choice to alter the quantity... in fact if I choose the spin box and up the quantity to "4" and click the check mark... the order still is entered as "2".
    This just slows down the entry -- is there a way around this??

Thanks a bunch!!
    Fox.

I believe this is the limit offset that you must specify for the stop limit order. It is the number of ticks away the limit price will be from your stop price.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ahh... You are right... Thanks - don't know why I didn't see that.
      So if I set it to zero... it will act like a straight limit order... that is, I'll get that price or nothing -- Right?
      Then if I set it to 8.... I'll get the best I can within 8 ticks but may not get it if it blows by 8 real quick.

Thanks.

Comment

Correct on the 8 ticks portion. If set to zero, the limit price will equal the stop price and thus your order will trigger at the stop price but only fill at a price at or better than the limit price... if at all.

Comment

Thanks Ray...

One more... does the limit ticks work on both sides of the stop? That is, if I set it to 4 and try to sell 10 contracts and the market moves to trigger the stop then immediately reverses will it keep trying to fill all 10 -- and will it do this beyond 4 ticks in both directions?

So with setting it to 0 I'm more likely to get a partial fill if any if the market is moving fast... So I see why setting this each time is necessary as each play is a little different and some plays you may be more interested in getting all filled.

Comment

Best to find a resource on how a stop limit order works for full clarity. In a nut shell, once the stop is triggered, it will behave just like a limit order. You may be part filled, fully filled or not filled at your limit price or better.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
            0 responses
            1 view
            0 likes
            Last Post CortexZenUSA  
            Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM
            0 responses