1 Computer 1 Ninja License Key and 2 Accounts With Same Broker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1 Computer 1 Ninja License Key and 2 Accounts With Same Broker

I tried to add a second account to Ninja Trader installed on my computer. After doing this I got an error message as shown in the attachment.

In reading other posts, it appears this can be done. So the question is, why did I get an error?

Is entering a unique User Name and Password sufficient to add a second account or is it critical to enter a separate Connection Name also?

It might be a strange question, but I don't remember what I entered originally and it caused me to have to do a re-install. I'm just trying to get a detailed understanding to avoid crashing Ninja Trader again.

Thanks,
    taddypole...
    Attached Files

Hello Taddypole,

Thank you for your post.

Please follow the steps listed below to uninstall and reinstall NinjaTrader. With this procedure you will not lose any Workspaces, Charts, etc.
    • Close all running applications.
    • Then from the Start menu select --> Control Panel --> Add and Remove Programs.
    • From Add and Remove Programs select NinjaTrader 7 and click Remove.
    • Then you will need to clear your internet browser cache and history. You will clear this from within your internet browser (with IE, Tools-->Options, delete cookies and files, clear history).
    • Reboot your machine.
    • Once these steps are completed, download NT7 from the link below:
      Download
    Please let us know if you are able to get up and running after the reinstall.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Christopher,

I've already done the Re-install and entered the account I originally had. Now I want to add a second account and want to know details so as not to crash Ninja again.

Comment

Are you referring to steps to create your connection? If so I have provided a link below to our Connection Guide to assist with creating your connection after reinstallation.

If you are referring to details such as your username and password you will be required to contact your provider directly for this information.

Comment

Christopher,

I am trying to understand what may have caused the crash so as not to repeat it.
          In following those instructions, when adding the second account, I did something that caused the crash but I don't what that might be.

Can you explain what might have caused the crash?

Thank you...

Comment

Same problem different computer , different Ninja License and different account.

I was trying to move an account on another computer to a third computer. This was a new install of Ninja Trader. When I got it all loaded and put in the Ninja license and the account username and password and then launched Ninja Trader, I got that same message...

"Login failed: The value of the property 'type' cannot be parsed. The error is: Could not load type 'CQG.Trader.Data.Access.DataServer.IInstrumentPars erFactory' from assembly 'CQG.Trader.DataAccess'."

This is the same problem as on the first computer that crashed Ninja. This problem is starting to get to me...

taddypole...

Comment

Please send a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com with "ATTN: Chris" in the subject line.

In the message, please include the following:
              1.) A link to this forum thread.
              2.) Your most current trace and log files.

You will find the file here: My Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace > trace.YYYYMMDD.txt

Log file will be located by going to Documents->NinjaTrader 7->Log->log.YYYYMMDD.txt

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by f.saeidi, Today, 12:14 PM
              2 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post f.saeidi  
              Started by TradeForge, 04-19-2024, 02:09 AM
              2 responses
              0 likes