Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linking Order Entry Windows

Hi,
    I am using the Basic Entry to enter trades. When I have many orders placed and I want to cnacel them ALL at once it is not possible so I have opened and linked a superDOM that has gives you the option to cancel all selling or buying orders at once.

My problem is that linking windows it only synchronize the instrument and NOT the account of the linked tools. Shouldn't be the linking synchronize both the instrument and the account?

Second question. Is that possible to add a cancel ALL button at the Basic entry?
    I was using the Global hot key cancel all but when I switched to 2 accounts I saw that this option cancels all from All accounts.
    A similar key at basic order that cancels only from the visible trading account would be helpfull I think

mailro, the linking would be a link by instrument only, not by accounts.

Can you try using the CLOSE button on the basic entry? It would close any positions on the account specified and working orders as well.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I don't want to close my positions on the account specified, just the working orders. When the market starts moving fast it takes time to close them one by one from the pane of Basic Entry. It would be helpful if there was a button that cancels just the working orders

Comment

Ok, I see, thanks for the clarification - I'll forward this to product management for consideration. Have you looked into working with OCO orders that would cancel automatically if one bracket is filled?

Comment

I am aware of the OCO orders but they can't help my strategy. Only a button that cancels working orders and leaves opened positions untouched would make the trick
          Thanks again for your help

Comment

I will forward this in for consideration nonetheless, but have you considered using the SuperDOM then instead of the Basic Entry - it would offer a cancel all buy / sell orders button on each ladderside and leave your position intact.

Comment

Basic Entry windows is the most complete tool by my opinion. You can place your stop or limit orders when the market is quiet and you can also apply one tick strategy when there is the case by a click of a button.(Buy bid/sell ask) Also it offers a nice grid that groups all your working orders and you can also modify any of them with a click of a button. Only when the volatility sudently goes wild and you have working orders is a bit stressfull trying o cancel your orders one by one.

On the other hand super doom doesn't offers any of the above features just the massive cancelations.
              Thats the reason I am stacked with basic entry

Comment

Thanks for the clarification on your enhancement suggestion, I'm happy to be able to provide you with the tracking # in our system for it, it's #1220.

Comment

Hi,
                  Thanks I will be waiting for the next version so I get rid of this fast changing numbers of Doom.
                  I am facing one problem at the basic entry Based on the article how to select an instrument,
                  The "Instrument" drop down list contains the instruments from the Default Instrument List you have set up in the Instrument Manager. To change an instrument you can either select an instrument from this list, or type in the name of an instrument directly such as "MSFT" for Microsoft.
                  typing the name ES 12-11 and then pressing enter key is not working for me. The text is accepted but when I press Enter key so the panel gets update I hear a default windows sound and the Order qty changes to 100.
                  Is the typing option only for stocks?
                  Last edited by mailro; 09-14-2011, 08:01 AM.

Comment

mailro, is the ES 12-11 contract added to your default instrument list? Can you try this after ensuring it's added?

Comment

Yes it is added. I can select it from the drop-down list and it is working ok. Typing is not working

Comment

Sorry for my misread earlier here, the changing instruments option via typing is for the charts - for the DOM and Basic Entry you would add stocks 'on the fly' with this method. So the outcome you see would be expected for your futures symbols (ES 12-11).

Comment

ok. I got confused because I found the method described in the help file under basic entry which gives you the option to write and when I follow this method I am getting a message pop up.
                          MyAccount, Order 'dfecfd8a3c0c47f58207091838f32759' can't be submitted: Instrument type 'Stock' is not supported by any provider connected. affected Order: Sell 1 Limit @ 1190.25
                          For small screens and large instrument list typing is better.
                          Anyway will stick to the drop-down. I just wondering if I was making something wrong.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by yertle, Yesterday, 08:38 AM
                          7 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post yertle
                          by yertle

Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
                          2 responses
                          0 likes